Cowboys TE Jason Witten Says The Window To Win A Super Bowl Is Closing

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, May 12, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jason Witten is only 30 but this year he'll be entering his 10th season in the NFL, which is hard to believe for the Cowboys veteran tight end. "I think you enjoy the journey but most importantly this opportunity to take advantage of it," Witten said Saturday. Since he joined the organization in 2003, Dallas has won only one playoff game and struggled to build a team capable of becoming a perennial contender. As a result, some wonder if Witten, quarterback Tony Romo and linebacker DeMarcus Ware -- the Cowboys' most high-profile players -- will ever experience the same championship glory that many of their predecessors once did. "You try not to think about the window," Witten said. "But obviously, we're realists. We understand where it's at. I feel great and we're playing great. But it's about now. I think that's how this whole organization thinks, from owner to head coach to veteran players to rookie players. That's the way this league works." Witten has spent the last four months seething about the loss to New York Giants in the 2011 regular-season finale that killed the Cowboys' playoff hopes and kick-started their NFC East rival's march to the Super Bowl. "It crushes you," he said. "You don't need a loss like that to motivate you. That's for sure. Every year you're more and more motivated. You realize that time is now for a lot of key players. You need to take advantage of that. But, hey, give them credit. They made the plays they needed to make and got in the playoffs and went on a run. For us, we need to learn from that and not feel sorry for ourselves from that standpoint but allow that to be a game-changer for us to realize that every minute matters and you can't let an opportunity like that slip."

Source: Dallas Morning News

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

It closed in 2009

3. Lddbck

Lddbck Little League

I don't know Joe I would like to think we might be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Of course that's the optimistic side.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I guess if the Cardinals can get to the Super Bowl in 2008 then anything can happen

Sent from my HTC Vivid

5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I sure would like to see Witten get a ring before he retires. Be a shame to see one of the best TE's in the game to retire without a championship.

*cough* Gonzales *cough*

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

maybe if the moon and stars align just right

we might hit the playoffs

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Stranger things have happened and teams that were worse on paper before the season started have made it. In this day and age...the sky's the limit...lol.

8. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

if they had a window, then it's still open, but yes it's closing

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. I'd like to see what this team can do with no injuries to its skill position players.