Cubs Fan Steve Bartman Offered $25K For Just One Autograph

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Sportsbuy.com and the National Sports Collectors Convention sure have devised a way to get a lot of marketing without ever having to pay a dime.As you might have read on Deadspin, they're offering infamous Cubs fan Steve Bartman a cool $25,000 if he shows up to their memorabilia show in suburban Chicago and signs just one picture of him destroying the World Series dreams of Cubs fans everywhere getting tangled up with Moises Alou in Game 6 of the '03 NLCS.

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good for him. Cubs fans got to love this!

3. rachel53426

rachel53426 Starter

LOL, he's probably gonna get shot...

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Wait a minute, somebody found Bartman after five years? LOL

5. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

if i was a Cubs fan that what I would do to him. Lets see what Maddenking thinks about it. but hey all he needs gto do for $5k is sign his name

6. DaBearsrule4ever

I'm suprised Bartman is still in the country, lol.

7. rachel53426

rachel53426 Starter

Its complete crap.

8. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Good for him. It's amazing how ignorant Alou and the Cubs' fan base have been in using him as a scapegoat. Alou didn't have a good shot at catching the foul and even after that, the Cubs had chances to get out of the inning.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why would you be surprised he's still in the country. Only half of Chicago hates him...the rest of the country laughs at the half of Chicago that hates him...

10. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Sounds to me like the $25,000 is actually a price for a hit

haha

11. apocalypsehoboke

apocalypsehoboke Psych Ward Resident

Alex Gonzalez is the piece of garbage that dropped that ground ball, he is the true one to blame because it was a routine play. The Bartman thing is just more interesting of a story.

I was in Wrigleyville that day and you would have thought they were bringing Bin Laden out of Wrigley, not some dorky schlub. People were screaming like a bomb dropped and thousands were dead, amazing what sports does to people.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Yeah, but those half want his head on a silver platter.