Dallas Mavericks F Dirk Nowitzki Expresses Hate Toward Miami Heat

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Hate is too strong a word for Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki's feelings about the Miami Heat -- but not by much.

"In life, I don't really hate much," Nowitzki said Friday on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Fitzsimmons and Durrett" after taking batting practice to prepare for his Heroes celebrity baseball game. "I'm an easy going guy, but that's probably about as close as it gets."

The 2011 Finals MVP's deep-seated bitterness toward the Heat dates to the 2006 Finals, when Miami won the series in six games despite Dallas building a 2-0 lead. Dwayne Wade later cited Nowitzki's lack of leadership as one of the primary reasons the Mavs failed to win the championship.

Source: ESPN Dallas\Fort worth

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Oh, get over it ya bum!!!!

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hate is good. I hate when teams like each other.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

All I can say is 3 rings vs 1 ring.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't expect anyone to "like" the other teams but since 2006 he's all pissy, like I said get over it..sheesh..<flashes shining rings in Dork's general direction>

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Come on, Heat fans! Show some clbutt.:icon_frown:

7. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

Dirk is 1-0 against the Big 3 in the Finals. He has a right to say he doesn't like the Heat. Sh!t, I have lived in Florida all my life, South Florida the past 2 years, and I don't like the Heat. You want to buy two championships, that great. Don't expect to get any respect out of me. Not to mention, I have had to dealt with all of the "Heat" fans

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

When Dirk was sick in 2011, what does Wade do when the two teams go out on to the court? Mocks Dirk's cough. Real clbutt.:icon_frown:

9. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I dont mind seeing Dirk come out public with his thoughts toward the Hear. I like when players do this

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I hate the Heat too Dirk. Welcome to the club.

11. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lol. Yea right.