Dallas Mavericks Win First Ever NBA Championship

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jun 12, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks are NBA champions, and they went through LeBron James for that long-awaited first title. Jason Terry scored 27 points, Nowitzki added 21 and the Mavericks topped the Miami Heat 105-95 in Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Sunday night. The Mavericks won four of the series' last five games, a turnabout that could not have been sweeter after seeing the Heat celebrate their first title in Dallas after Game 6 of the 2006 finals. When it was over, Mavs owner Mark Cuban ran onto the court to hug coach Rick Carlisle, and James' wait for his first NBA title will extend into at least his ninth season.

Source: FOX Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
  2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Redemption

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Congrats to any true Mavericks fans out there, if you just started liking them this year or just rooted for them because your a Heat hater you really don't matter.

By the way, the Heat will be back to the finals 3/4 years within the next 6 seasons. Kind of scary that this is just their first year together to be honest. Suns got this next year (fail lol).

5. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

WOOOO :icon_cheesygrin:

6. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAT-Ta-rVA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAT-Ta-rVA[/ame]

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Its good to finally have a ring from the Dallas BB team.... I'd wear my dirk jersey tomorrow but the hecker doesn't fit me.... Ive gain some weight in the last few yrs.... Agian congrats Dallas expecially dirk kidd Marion and terry

8. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Wear a "man corset"

9. Omen

I might pass out....

10. Buck Fenson

and a European shoulder bag

11. Omen

Might as well castrate myself..... My cousin who lives in Dallas says the city is getting crazy

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Congrats Mavricks, you guys showed that good coaching and being a team wins.

13. Omen

Thank you sir

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

14. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

WOOT.

Congrats Mavs fans, heck Miami.

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude the Mavricks showed up, I give Carlisle props, he had them turn it on when it mattered most. I can only wish for a coach that good, because any real fan knows he isn't on the Miami sideline right now.

16. Dragonite

I hope they keep Spolestra forever :)

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yeah dogging a non rival really helps for the whole sports Karma.

18. Dragonite

Watching the Heat lose really warms the heart

19. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

it´s a shame that a player like nowitzki didn´t get credit for his stuff here in germany, that he deserves, even without the NBA title now, he was one of the best in last few years. now almost every hecker jump on the bandwagon here ... TV, radio...

it´s tough for the real NBA/Mavs fans in germany, because we´ve support them for years. after the finals 2006 .. there were ups and downs .. 2007 , dirk became MVP and they lost to the golden state warriors in the 1st round, 1 year later vs. the hornets. but now , it doesn´t matter :D

i´m glad for dirk, kidd, jet, marion and ofc. chandler

they deserved it !!!!

20. Buck Fenson

did anyone else read into what Baby Bron Bron said. My take is " I am rich and all the people who wante me to fail has to go back to their money strapped life. I am rich and I am better than anyone else cause I am rich."