Dan Henderson Officially Signs With Strikeforce

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Cletusaurus, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Ex-UFC fighter Dan Henderson reaches agreement with Strikeforce (Updated) - MMAJunkie.com

2. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i guess ill have to watch more strikeforce, i like Dan Henderson:icon_smile:

3. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Good luck to Dan. I'd love to see him fight Mousasi. I think he should go right through Rosholt for the MW title. The 205 title will be a real good fight.

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Wow, this is a surprise.

He should dominate with this organization.

5. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Don't sleep on Mousasi.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't downplay his abilities at all dude.

I just think they are bringing in Dan (and paying well, I'm sure) for the name recognition.

Do you know if they are going to make their fight a priority?

7. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

I don't like this at all. Hendo had some nice matches that he could have had against Marquardt and Belfort, and after those he would have had plenty more. At Strike Force he's got like two max and that's it. The only good thing that comes out of this is now I don't have to worry about the UFC putting out another meaningless fight with Hendo against Silva again, because he was going to get destroyed again if that match took place again like Hendo kept asking for.

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Do you think this solidifies Strikeforce for a few more years dude?

9. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

Why would it solidify Strike Force by getting Hendo? Hendo wasn't even a champ in the UFC and wasn't ever going to be one either. He was a gate keeper whether he was at 205 or at 185. He's a great fighter and all, and I'll give him that but Hendo is not the kind of fighter that can carry a promotion company. He's only got about two nice challengers, and then what does he do after he most likely wins those fights that he'll be favored to win any way? Does he just beat up on some cans that won't even be interesting fights? I don't really see the point in that personally.

I understand why he did this though if he got paid more money than what the UFC was offering. He is getting up there in age and wants to get at least one nice pay day again. I can't fault him for that. I just hate it as a fan that wants to see the best match ups possible. He has a ton of them in the UFC and in Strike Force he's got like two if that. They'll most likely put him up against Jake Shields first and he'll run through Shields. Then he'll have Mousasi and that will be a nice match up there. I like that one, but after that what does he do? Who does he fight next? No one really.

10. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

They can't pay as much as UFC tried to. After Shields and Mousasi, Henderson said he'd be interested with a matchup against Fedor (what a shock). And he didn't want to fight Belfort or Marquardt, he believed that when he killed Bisping at 100, that he was automatically next in line for Silva. Dan was a solid UFC fighter, but when he's done in Strikeforce, that'll probably be the end of the line for Hendo.