Dan Reeves Rips Dolphins Owner Steve Ross For Pursuing Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Former NFL coaching great Dan Reeves took a shot at Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross for pursuing former Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh while he already had a coach in place. "I think it's a bad situation," Reeves told Orlando Alzugaray of WFTL-640 (AM) on Thursday. "In the past, you never talked to anyone unless there was a vacancy. If they haven't fired somebody you just didn't say, 'Yeah, I'll interview with you and I'll talk with you.' That person had to be fired." Ross, insisting no offer was ever made to Harbaugh, later apologized for the "anguish" he caused Sparano and his family and formally announced a two-year contract extension through 2013.

Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dan speaks nothing but the truth here...

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I like danand its true.....Im still pissed at JJ for not hiring him as a Consultanat

4. Reeves is the same age as Tom Coughlin......I always felt he would get one more shot as a head coach.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

You get to be a certain age and you just shoot from the hip all the time because you realize BS is a waste of what little time you have left. I agree 100% with Reeves on this one.

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Me too I W's hoping he would be a consultant. And then take over in Dallas