David Beckham Announces Retirement

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by TheDuke, May 16, 2013.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

One of the most decorated players in world soccer has decided to call it quits. According to multiple reports, David Beckham has decided to announce his retirement, just days after winning his tenth league title in four different countries. The 38-year-old Englishman has made 13 appearances in all competitions for Paris Saint-Germain since signing with the club at the end of January. “I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level,â€￾ Beckham said in a statement released on Thursday. “I want to thank all my teammates, the great managers that I had the pleasure of learning from. I also want to thank the fans who have all supported me and given me the strength to succeed.â€￾

Source:Soccer By Ives

[​IMG]

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I don't know alot about soccer so someone please fill me in. Is he really that good, or just really famous?

3. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Both
    He is a great player and a glamarous person (like his skinny wife :icon_mrgreen: )

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

He was good in his Manchester United era, then just kinda regressed and became a celebrity more than a player in the end (And even then, he was kind of a one trick pony who was played horribly out of position). He hasn't been relevant as a player on the world scene since 2006, but no doubt his legacy as a player will be blown out of proportion.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I thought he had already retired a couple of years ago. Huh.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Yeah...when he signed with L.A.

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

A move that was his footballing career suicide. He would have blown past Peter Shilton's caps record if he played in a relevant league for most of those years.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

You guys are funny. He didn't commit career suicide by signing with MLS. He broke boundaries. He opened the door for foreign players to play in the league and not just in a retirement capacity. He put MLS on the map and made it okay for internationals to play there. I always think it's funny when people crap all over MLS. While not the Premiership or whatnot it's better than a lot of leagues around the world at this point. Either way, Becks was great in LA both on and off the pitch and was one hell of a player in general. I found this awesome video of Becks Free Kicks. Dude was a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF1L52-kVKc

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sorry but the MLS is a joke. For years and years the two teams playing in the CONCACAF Champions League final have been mexican, and our league sucks too.

Sent from my LG-970h using Tapatalk 2

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Franz Beckenbauer already did...
    How many foreign top notch players do you have in the league?
    Being better than some third world leagues, didn't mean much. But I have to admitt, the US is improving.