Dear Diary: My Wife Has Filed For Divorce.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Apr 26, 2014.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

That sucks man. What changed in your marriage after being together for so long?

2. DawkinsINT

I'm not religious, but I am spiritual. I believe there is some sort of higher power that speaks to my conscience. My ex only believed in herself.

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Putting bitterness aside, do you think that her own needs are greater than those of her kids?

4. DawkinsINT

Towards the end of our marriage the kids were reduced to just being nuisances to her. One of the boys told me earlier this week that she only seems to be angry.

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i am not the easiest person to live with,and she has her moments where no matter how hard i try,she irkes the shirt outta me.she hates me for some reason,or at least she acts like it.

6. markaz

Everything points to her depression/anxiety and the pills.

7. DawkinsINT

It's probably because you are a Skins fan. Or don't capitalize words. Or put spaces after period and commas.

Seriously though, I hope things get better for you. Perhaps marriage counseling could help.

Tarkus likes this.
  8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

In his favor, he is a very good sport.

9. DawkinsINT

Yeah, he's alright in my book.

10. markaz

I'll second or third that.

11. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

:p

Dawk, yer well on yer way to recovery.

You've gone from a victim to being able to form the necessary insight into Diesel's problems. Couple more weeks, & you should be ready to begin counseling him & his bride.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Update?

13. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I'm embarrassed and saddened that I missed all that you went through/are going through with your divorce. Just read the full thread. My oldest two kids are my wife's from a previous relationship who I've raised since they were in diapers, and I'd be floored if we split and she got in the way of us keeping in touch. You're a good man Dawk and I hope things are better for you at this point.

LebaneseFF, DawkinsINT and 86WARD like this.
  14. DawkinsINT

I speak to the boys about once a month via one of my ex-brother-in-laws. I still miss my ex, but I miss what our relationship was in the beginning as opposed to who she is now. The money at my new job is nice, but it just doesn't feel right yet. I still feel like an outsider instead of a valuable member of the team.

Compared to so many on this planet, my life is great. I actually have to make a conscious effort of gratitude every day to remind me of that though.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Still in contact with the boys?

16. DawkinsINT

I haven't spoken to any of the boys in many months. It's due to my ex-brothers-in-law not being alone with them. It's kind of a good thing though. They are moving on knowing that I am no longer a part of their daily life. I have zero doubt that I will connect with them once they gain independence.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sorry to hear that.

18. markaz

To rephrase in a very positive light: "I am moving on knowing that they are no longer a part of my daily life".

DawkinsINT likes this.
  19. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Sorry @DawkinsINT .. I know it's tough. Keep your head up brother

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

W.T.F?!

I'm so incredibly sorry, Dawk. I had no idea. I'm sorry I wasn't around for you giving we don't live that far from each other.

I never saw this coming. I'm glad all the guys were here for you but feel bad that I wasn't. Life isn't fair. I don't understand much these days & I especially don't understand why bad things happen to good people. I don't know how much of a help I can be right now but hit me up on messenger if you want to talk.

ICECOLD and DawkinsINT like this.