Dear Diary: My Wife Has Filed For Divorce.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Apr 26, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I'll risk you putting me on your Ignore List for saying this, but, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!. This sounds like it's really going to have a bad ending. Move on. You may not like the idea of losing that daily contact with the boys but damn. Your contact with them right now is in such a toxic environment even if there's no screaming and yelling. It's gotta hurt like hell to think about splitting, but actually doing it can't be any worse than thinking about it all the time.

Tarkus, DawkinsINT and 86WARD like this.
  2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Nah, I'm not leaving my own home. I love the house. For the most part I kind of stay in my room the majority of the time. The boys don't truly understand the depths of what is going on between their mother and I because none of it is expressed in front of them. It's actually rare that her and I even discuss it.

3. markaz

Have you and she discussed the disposition of the home?

4. DawkinsINT

Yes. I'm meeting with my lawyer on Tuesday to discuss my best course of action.

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Mark my words...

She will be painted the victim & you the aggressor. Some judge will go thru this case like sh*t thru a goose just to clear his docket.

Get out while you can & deal with this from an outside camp...

6. DawkinsINT

It's a no fault divorce. There is no hearing our sides of the story. It's just about splitting the money (debt).

7. Tarkus

It's the in-between time of getting that resolved you need to worry about. She sounds like she could & would change the landscape on this simple division of money into so much more.

8. DawkinsINT

Nah. We submitted our personal finances from the time she filed. She can't add to my debt. Her spending is on her from that point on. She's sticking me with paying the accounts in my name, but in the grand scheme she can't add to the original total. She doesn't have access to my credit cards.

9. Tarkus

I was talking more on her adding to the dysfunction in a way that indirectly will affect your situation. It's not just about money to you but if she feels you aughta pay more outside the agreement, she can make your road a lot rockier as this plays out.

Hope I'm wrong...

10. DawkinsINT

She would have to bring a completely new law suit to do so. She's a dog, but not to that extreme.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yet...

markaz likes this.
  12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I May be in the same boat as you on divorce man. stay tuned.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

WTF...

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

s**t man sorry to hear

15. DawkinsINT

duck. I hope not, man.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

36 years can disolve into crap really fast,believe me.
    as long as i can see my son when i wish,i could care less whether we stay together or not. I Know i ain't the whole reason for it,trouble is convincing here she shares as much of the burden or fault in it as me.
    duck it! could be worse!

DawkinsINT likes this.
  18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could be. You could be going through that crap and be a Redskins fan...talk about bad...oh wait...

;)

Diesel44, Omen and DawkinsINT like this.
  19. markaz

Glad we could help.

20. DawkinsINT

My soon to be ex-wife came out of her room this morning in a summer dress looking stunning, I literally gasped. Ugh.