Dear Diary: My Wife Has Filed For Divorce.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by DawkinsINT, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Sundresses are just unfair to our penises.

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Is it penises? Or peni?

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Truer words have never been spoken.

4. DawkinsINT

Finally some good news for me:

Just found out that our company I've been working at for 21 years was sold to another. They plan on shutting us down. I'm one of the few they plan on offering jobs to contingent that I move to Saugerties, NY. No way I'm doing that, so I'll be unemployed October 1st.

Oh wait...that actually isn't very good news.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

That blows hard...

6. DawkinsINT

It does suck, but it's bringing me back to who I was as a base person. I'm most likely going to be poor and heartbroken for a while, but I used to believe that money wasn't important and friends & family, along with laughter, were the most important things in life.

I honestly lost that manner of thinking over the years as it was never truly tested. I'm never going to be one of the millions of people on the planet with nothing to eat, a place to live, or people that love me.

So, I've got it pretty damn good.

7. DawkinsINT

Heard that the four most stressful things a person can go through are:

1. Death of a family member.
    2. Divorce.
    3. Loss of occupation.
    4. Moving.

I'm currently going through 3 of the 4 at the same time. Luckily for me #1 isn't one of them. I'm living in a ducking daze right now though. I was on top of the world 2 years ago. I can't remember the last time I had a peaceful sleep.

While I know that eventually I'll be ok, this is a lot to swallow all at once.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I've gone through 3 of the four. I can't sit here and pretend that I know what your going through. We're here for ya. Music was always my escape. Hang in there. One song that always came to mind when I wad down was.

DaBears22, 86WARD and DawkinsINT like this.
  9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Agreed. Use to call 'em "shifts". Girl raises arms and it shifts our rods into 2nd gear.

10. DawkinsINT

So the latest in my soap opera of a life:

My company decided to keep me on for an extra month to sell some products that the company who bought us can't contractually sell. Everyone else in my division was let go and they closed our office. My parents home is a half a block away from my old office, so I had our IT guy set me up there since it would be easier than hauling all of the shirt to my house. It's extremely weird that when I look out the window now I see my old office building.

Our company had 3 main competitors in the field I'm in. The one who bought us, and two others. The company that bought us didn't want any of us salespeople with the exception of myself. However, they wanted me to move to Saugerties, NY. That is not something I'm willing to do. All of my family is here. After speaking to the President of the company that bought us, he backed off a bit of me only working in NY. Their sales manager is going to call me at the end of the week.

Today I received calls from both of our other main competitors. Both interested in my services and willing to let me work remotely. One of them said that what I'm currently making "would be quite a bit to take on. But I'm always looking for good salespeople". His company has a bad reputation for being cheap and they play dirty. I only will consider them if all else fails. The other company that called me is one that I don't really know too much about how they treat their employees except their people have been there a long time. That's a good sign. While no dollars have been brought up yet, they called me twice today. Their president and operations manager are both doing some traveling over the next week and half, but I'm scheduled to have a conference call with them a week from Thursday.

I'm pretty sure I'll be receiving offers even though it won't be for as much as I'm currently making. That's understandable and my goal would be to prove my worth quickly to get my pay back up.

The really bad news however was delivered by wife. She's planning on buying a home by the end of October with her sister. Her sister is providing all of the money down. That leaves me stuck here in a five bedroom house that I won't be able to afford on my own salary with all of the other bills factored in. The mortgage is in my name so she may be able to get away with this. I will be speaking with my lawyer tomorrow.

My company is giving me a decent severance package but I was hoping to use that money for a down payment on a new home. Unreal how stressful my life has become. It's all so surreal.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Know how you are feeling about the job man. when all that NAFTA shirt happened in the 1990s all of our local furniture and textile factories either got bought out or shut down.
    after nearly 100 years of leading the state in manufacturing business,we were shirt outta luck here.
    i have no doubt though you will end up a lot better than you think you will. you'll be in my prayers! god bless ya!

Omen and DawkinsINT like this.
  12. DawkinsINT

Thanks for the kind words. Very much appreciated. I know eventually that I'll be ok.

NAFTA f--ked up a lot of shirt in our industry as well. Almost all of the manufacturing got moved out of the country. So many lost American jobs, longer lead times and communication issues.

13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

we lost close to 70,000 jobs here in my part of the world from NAFTA. Went from a boom town full of jobs to not shirt in less than 3 years!

14. DawkinsINT

So sad. It devastated so much of this country.

15. markaz

"NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement." Bill Clinton

DawkinsINT likes this.
  16. DawkinsINT

I came home today to a house emptied of pretty much all but my stuff. My wife moved out without letting me say goodbye to the boys. I'm sure she's pissed because she knows she's not going to get everything she wants in the divorce, but this is beyond shirtty.

It's not like there was any danger to her or the kids. I asked her just last night if she knew what her moving out date was going to be. She said she wasn't sure yet. I'm stunned that she did something on such an evil level. She hasn't returned any of my calls, texts, or emails about what is going on. I need to say goodbye to the boys.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's just wrong and evil. You'll get your day Dawk...the boys will reach out. I'm pretty sure of it.

Omen and DawkinsINT like this.
  18. DawkinsINT

Without question I will see the boys again. Even if my wife doesn't want me to see them, both of her brothers said they will take them to me. Her own brothers are on my side.

One of her brothers spoke to my brother, and another friend of mine from out of state. They decided they are all traveling here tomorrow night to hang with me. I told them that I was ok and it wasn't necessary. They wouldn't take no for an answer.

I've always known that I was blessed to have good people in my life, but these people just keep reenforcing it to me tenfold.

Always be appreciative of the people in your life that love you unconditionally, and show them the same love. It's what makes life worthwhile.

86WARD and Omen like this.
  19. markaz

Nothing to say except I'm sorry. She knows how you feel about the boys and just needed for you to feel her wrath. No matter how civilized things appear to be going during and after a divorce, they never are. All of us fellow divorcees know what you're feeling. Hang in there Dawk...you're one of the good ones.

DawkinsINT likes this.
  20. DawkinsINT

What she did to me was totally cunty. I'll never be able to forgive her for leaving without allowing me to say goodbye to the boys. That's a healthy thing for me to remember about tonight to help me get over her.

The negative thing is that I admire how much hard work she did in a relatively short period time today to get everything out of the house. Her focus and drive is always something that I've loved about her.

I want the version of her that I married.