Defining LeBron

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by SportsChump, Jun 5, 2015.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Imagine if it was LeBron who played as shirtty as Curry did last night? Curry gets a pass though for some reason.

Omen likes this.
  2. smeags

smeags militant geek

man buck, you may be pushing it a tad with some of those names. dont get me wrong thats a nice group of players there and im a huge clyde the glide fan, in fact i loved that blazers' team in gen.

lebron is badass and to me he'd be great in any era. sure it may be tougher in the east back then but james wouldve been fine. also, lets not pretend that the word defense was known in the west back in the 80's-90's.

Omen likes this.
  3. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

That lay-up last night. He got the look he wanted. It just didn't go in.

They ended up winning the game meaning LBJ will get more chances.

But they're having to fight tooth and nail.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

i had GS in six before the series started. no miller and no kyre seems to be an obstacle not many could overcome. if the cavs find a way to win this it will be on lebron's back and i'd have to push him up the list of all-time greats.

5. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Despite last night's victory, Smeags, I still can't see Cleveland pulling this thing out.

But you're right, if they do, it's on LeBron.

Heck, he might become the first player on a losing team to win MVP of an NBA Finals since Jerry West.

You heard it here first.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah i agree. too much to overcome. james has been on fire through two games. he'd be my run away choice for MVP to this point.

7. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Imagine what LeBron's ring count would be if he had a Scottie Pippin with him in Cleveland the first time around.

Although I'm not a big fan, I do love watching him play. The guy's a freak of evolution on the basketball court.

Buck - If you want to talk about whether a player would be as good in another era, if Oscar Robertson were playing in 2015, I'm not so sure that he would even be a starter on many teams.

Omen likes this.
  8. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Another 40 point performance?

Yeah, he's insane right now.

Gotta win Game Four though. It'd be deflating heading back to Golden State having given up home court.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

wilt chamberlain would still be the most dominate player in the league.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  10. smeags

smeags militant geek

james is white hot right now. i know he's taking a ton of shots, but he has to.

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Wow. The Cavs might pull it off after all!!

Or maybe they will end up losing in the most Cleveland-like fashion ever.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

that city may not survive.

13. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Yeah, Cleveland looks like it's ready to explode.

Still need two more wins though.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

true, kerr better get his team back on course. they seem off.

15. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

Either that or he better suit up.

f**k, he could probably start for the Cavs right about now.

Omen likes this.
  16. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

maybe I have stretched the list somewhat. :) And if he wins a ring with Cleveland I will rethink my position. I haven't seen Wilt or Bill Russell play so I can't comment on their talents. My list would be Jordan, Magic, Bird and LeBron. They all could take over a game at any time. I give Bird the advantage because of his killer instinct at clutch time. He would want the ball to take the shot and he made some hellacious shots.But LeBron obviously has more athletic moves than Bird.

17. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

He will, Buck.

It just ain't gonna happen this year.

18. Buck Fenson

Should be a better team next season with Love coming back.

19. SportsChump

SportsChump Well-Known

If Love comes back.

20. Buck Fenson

that is true. I think he does. It would be his best shot at winning a ring. you know whatever team LeBron is on will make the finals. LOL