Definition Of A Great Choke Job

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Mr. D, May 31, 2009.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Reality is its either NY or Detroit

I dont see Cleveland doing anything else, and they still wont have the inside game next season to beat Boston or Orlando in the playoff's. In fact, if Brand play's well next year, I could see Philadelphia beating them. No championship next year means no LBJ in Cleveland most likley

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Eh when you say marquee teams those are from the past things change. I see orlando becoming one of those teams. Detroit getting rid of billups was a bad idea even if it was for cap. Boston will be a force for a good amount of years still. New york we will see. I dont think you could predict which teams are gonna be the marquee teams until after that big FA year.

3. Jihad Joe

That cap for Billups will bring in an LBJ, Bosh or Wade.

Boston has one more year as a legit title contender. After that it all depends on how far Rondo developes, and well as what we get out of Bill Walker

4. ball in the baskett

Only one year?

How old are garnett,pierce,allen and how long are they signed for?

5. Jihad Joe

Allen is 33, Garnett is 33, Peirce is 31

Allen has one more year in Boston I believe. Garnett and Peirce were both extended around the time Garnett got traded

I say 1 more year as a legit title contender, and they will probobly be a 50 win team for a while after that

Rondo's development could change all that, and Bill Walker is a serious wildcard. He was right behind Beasley coming out of HS, but then got hurt. Would have been a top 5 pick

6. ball in the baskett

Allen is a big piece there the guy is so clutch i hate him lol. Even without him i could see them making runs at the title but falling short.

The sixers might lose andre miller this year but i like Louis Williams hes gotten alot better.

7. Jihad Joe

I dont see Williams as a PG, more of a scoring G

I think they should trade up to get Johnny Flynn

8. ball in the baskett

Well right now we have the 17th pick and andre miller i doubt will resign hes pretty old.

9. Jihad Joe

Flynn will probobly go 10ish, so a trade up wouldnt be that bad

10. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

when a team is expected to do great, yet fails, that is a choke, Mavs 2 seasons ago choking harder maybe I don't know, one choke job could be worse than the other.
    so I guess if the Lakers beat the Magic, then Orlando can be considered choking? because they beat the Lakers 2 out of 2 games? in the regular season?

nah I think not. Lakers are the better team better record, Cavs did better than Orlando but failed when it counted, choked as they tend to do every year.
    Thank you

If Mr. D had a Freaking Brain? what are we dribbling down to 1st gade insults? if I didn't have a brain I couldn't even use my fingers to type, I couldn't be able to move my body let alone be alive in the first place :icon_frown:
    So I guess Cav's didn't have a great season and all that hype was just BS? ok if you say so

Cav's choke every year like the Cubs and that's the way I like it

11. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

from espn.com

James said he sent an e-mail to Howard following Saturday's game.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

12. ball in the baskett

That seems kind of selfish. Be a man and congratulate them they were the better team that day.Almost every other athlete does it.