Did Michael Vick Violate His Terms Of Reinstatement?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Aug 23, 2009.

1. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

No.....these losers are tainting the NFL bigtime. They need to know when they screw up it's just not a slap on the hand. "Well when you want your job back we'll be waiting" BS!!

If I did half this crap there's now way in hell I'dd still have my job.

2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he doesnt have his job, he is a backup now and doesnt have anyway near 100 million dollar contract and endorsements up the butt.

if you did what he did you would have some job and you wouldnt have lost $130 million and everything you owned

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Yes lets sympathize with Mexico cause he lost his big house or houses and 20 cars.

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

:word: If Brett Favre did this horrible act he would have been forgiven in less than a heart beat. and we wouldnt even be making threads about this stuff.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah, favre is only a pill addict.

6. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Bottom line is sports figures ect are in the public image all the time. Many younger athletes look up to them.

They should be setting GOOD examples not BAD and not just the NFl all sports then Goodell should be setting a strong example for the consequences if one doesn't set a good example.
    Then you would see a lot of these losers clean up their act or just plain not screw up at all.

It would be much better for sports as a whole!!

7. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

wasnt he a drunk too?

8. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

And worst of all the interception king too......:icon_cheesygrin:

9. K Train

if your a young athlete and you start a dog fighting ring because of vick, or get involved in shootings because of pacman, or punch strippers because of pacman, or drive drunk because of stallworth, or steal prescription pills because of favre, or stomp on players heads because of haynesworth, or smash players with your helmet because of merriweather, or smoke weed because of holmes or faulk, or do cocaine because of matt muthafukin jones, or be an idiot because of maurice clarett, or flip your lambo and flee the scene because of lance briggs, or drink and drive naked because of joe cullens, or murder someone like ray lewis, or shoot yourself in the leg because of plaxico, or commit hit and runs because of lynch....then your a FREAKING IDIOT

you dont have to be a choir boy to play in the nfl

3 people like this.
  10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

or rape someone like Roethlisberger :icon_lol:

11. K Train

exactly

12. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

KT your missing the point. It sets the "well he did this and not much happened to him, he got his job back" mentality.
    It's settting a piss poor example for pathetic conduct not only in sports but in society too.
    Younger people are more impressionable. You'll find out when you get older and think back "why the hell did I do some of the crap I did, I was a fool, I could have killed myself" things like that. But that wisdom only comes with age.

13. K Train

but hes remorseful about everything and is saying all the right things and doing his community service for the humane society and what not, im sure he hates doing it but hes sucked it up and worked hard to get another shot. im not sure i would be so remorseful after losing 130 million dollars over a handful of dogs....and its not like they were prize winning purebred poodles, they were vicious freaking pitbulls raised for fighting and society is better without...not to mention he didnt touch the dogs, his hands were clean of any of that.

people have done wayyyy worse and gotten away with wayyy less

14. mike oxlong

if your watching football for the role models then you are missing the point and your parents aren't or didn't do their job. I don't give a heck what these players do outside of football, I watch it for the game.

1 person likes this.
  15. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

See that's exactly the mentality it promotes.
    BTW tell that to PETA. They would hang you in a heartbeat and think that's ok too.
    Society rewards immoral acts and punishes the good. But that's a whole other ball of wax.

Well I'm outa here. Time to mow grass/yardwork ect. :icon_sad:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

After 18 the parents responsibility is over for the most part. Then it's the threat of going to jail ect to keep people in line.

Yes I expect professional athletes to conduct themselves in a professional manner on and off the field. That's why we have laws.:icon_cheesygrin:

16. K Train

and because of those laws vick paid his dues to society the last two years and have been handling himself like a professional in this situation since day one....so i dont get why he doesnt deserve this chance, you say how you think they should conduct themselves and hes doing that....and he spent 2 years making up for what he did...he should absolutely be free from the situation from now on...isnt that the point of prison. do your time and move on with your life?

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

this is a srule that goes for most people who have broken a law and have to go on parole and or probation.......it really doesnt matter what you did but its a stipulation......i have been on probation 2 twice and both times i was not allowed to drink, if i did i could be taken to jail to for breaking the law ....i knwew this i abstained from alcohol for a period of time until i was released from probation

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Former pill addict...lol.

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

and so is half of america.

20. mike oxlong

once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic, same with pill addicts, he may not be taking them like he was, but he will always be a pill addict.