Do We Know Now What Matthew Stafford Is?

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by CaptainStubing, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I think we can all agree there are a few QB's that separate themselves from the rest:

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, and both Manning's

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

true but this thread is about whether or not you think stafford may be someone that one day is mentioned in such company.

i think he will cause like capt said the lions have no running game and one playmaker at WR. imagine if they drafted a guy like shady mccoy this season what that offense could be. holy christ. opps. i mean holy tebow.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

No one in this thread is arguing that.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Pettigrew is no slouch.

They have good backs. They all just got injured early. You could do a lot worse than Best, Leshoure, and Smith.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Mikel Leshoure will do wonders for that running game next year.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

pettigrew is a prime example of a guy who IMO is being made to look better by his QB. he's a good TE no doubt but i thought he was over-hyped coming out of college.

best and leshour could and should be good but had little if nothing to do with stafford's overall successs to this point which again shows that stafford's great play has come inspite of a lack of a consistent running game. smith was only there because the other two got hurt - otherwise he wouldve still been unemployed.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Depends on how you look at it. He was a pretty good blocker and showed some playmaking ability in college, he just didn't have the stats. Back to back +700 yard seasons, dude can ball.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

which would kind of show that his current qb could be making him look better ? :dunno:

lions were 28th in rushing this year and stafford still balled.

btw - that stat is a reason why eli's play this year was so impressive as well.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Shaun Hill fed him the vast majority of his yards last year.

:icon_eek:

10. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

LOL Shaun Hill. Is he still in the league?