Does A Favre Return Make Vikings Playoff Or Superbowl Contender?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by Arrowhead4Life, May 14, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- Doomship Commander-In-Chi

No.

Because this team is clearly going with the youth/speed movement. Brett would only ruin that. Plus I predict the NFC North will belong to the Pack this year regardless if Brett's there or not.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Vikings got the defense to win no matter what QB the Vikings have under center. Favre has nothing left to prove, he has every passing record. If he signs with the Vikings, all it be for is so he can get back at Ted Thompson.

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Favre returning to the Packers would help the Vikings make the playoffs more.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

Wait a minute, Favre returning to the PACKERS would help the VIKINGS make the playoffs more? So Favre is going to play for two teams in 2009? How could that be? LOL

5. cpgobrowns

No, but the Vikes would play him twice a year. That's probably 4-6 INT's and 2 division W's and increased odds of making the playoffs for Minn.
    But if anybody could come out of retirement and play for two teams, who else would it be?

6. DaBearsrule4ever

Favre is talking about signing with the VIKINGS, NOT the PACKERS.

7. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

the team is a wild card contender. with favre, they win the division. still not better than the eagles or giants. behind saints and on par with car.

8. cpgobrowns

Really, I hadn't heard anything about it on ESPN or NFL network or any other speculation, I mean, news source. :sarcasm1:
    Actually, it seems like Brett Favre is the only one who's not really talking about it. My point is, it would be better for the Vikings if he came back for the Packers than if he played for them. ie. He's 39 with a bum throwing shoulder.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

It's that bum throwing shoulder that will hurt the Vikings in the long run, just ask the Jets. With the way he was ran out of Green bay by Ted Thompson, Butt Fart will never play for the Packers again and I do mean NEVER, lol. The only thing I would be interested in if he signs with the Vikings is seeing him walk into Lambeau Field on November 1st with a Vikings jersey on, he'll be public enemy not just in that stadium but in the hole city of Green Bay.

10. cpgobrowns

Yeah, I know he's def. done in GB. Just joking around. It will be interesting if he comes back. I just wish the Minn@Cle game was in December and not in week 1.