Does History Really Repeats Itself ?

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Weezy, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

Anyone who knows anything about Greek mythology knows Homers story of Iliad and the epic hero’s of the legend. And we may never know if something of that magnitude ever took place but we do know the stories and we will always know the stories as we pass them down from generation to generation

What happened this tiger’s season was for all purposes an exact mimicking of the choice given to the warrior Achilles. Play it safe stay in his homeland gain a wife and children and his children and his children’s children would remember him. But over time as we all do we forget are heritage as the generations pass as would they as well. Or go to Troy where he was guaranteed to die a glories death but his legend and legacy would be told for all-time as it has to this day without fail.

This was by default the tigers issue when looking back on it. To actually play well the last month of the season win one of the worst divisions in recent memory. Go to the playoffs to play the Yankees where most predicted they would lose a best of 5 in 2 games. An fade into the corner of insignificant history. Or go to their Troy that being the metrodome where it was certain death. But the game they took part in will live in baseball lure for all-time. The terms instant classic and epic could be thrown around and rightfully so. The game was nothing short of that.

As a tigers fan I would have chosen to win the game. But as a fan of baseball I’m sort of glad I was fortunate enough to see a game with the ebbs and flows of both teams so equally matched it stunning. I have no choice but to tip my cap and stand and applauded the effort of both teams in this dramatic end to a baseball season.