Does It Seem As If The Eagles Will Be Unstoppable Soon To Come?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by eaglesrule4ever, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

The team that had the nice playoff run isnt the same one returning. We upgraded the offensive line added 3 possible weapons through the draft and a weapon at fullback also have injured players back. Westbrook was not even close to himself by the end of last year if he gets back to 100% skys the limit. Also we get shawn andrews back which has been a pro bowler more than once. Like manster said we have answered most of our holes. The giants still dont have a go to receiver and have a bunch of young guys that dident show much last year. Dallas is the biggest mess of the division they lost there biggest offensive weapon and havent done anything to really improve. Redskin strengthend there D but theres still question marks like portis not gelling with the coach and is jason really there answer at QB.

2. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

You can not count on rookies to make an impact. Jackson did a good job last year but how many other WR did? Andrews is coming back but he missed the whole season, that alone will take time to get back from add to it that he know has back problems and is changing positions I would not call him a sure thing.

Westbrook is already hurt and the season is not even started yet. If he is down you are counting on a rookie to replace him.

Last year Dallas went into the season as the best team on paper and they failed. Most people said their big problem was in the locker room. If there is any truth to the saying addition by subtraction then will be a great test. They got rid of TO, Tank, Ellis, and Pacman. While they lost talent the also lost headaches. In 2007 Dallas went 13-3 while they did have a good passing game the running game won a lot. The line and MB3 were taken over late in the games. They got away from that last year but should go back towards it again.

The Skins are the Skins they needed a pass Rushing DE so they sign Haynesworth to a large contract. They draft one in the first round only to move him to OLB?

3. ball in the baskett

Yea i agree you cant depend of rookies but i said possible you never know. I wasent just talking maclin but ingram and lesean could step up theres been RBs that did very well there first year.Andrews also played tackle in college so its not like a huge transition his back should be fine but we will see.Westbrook being hurt doesent worry me as much cause they said theres a really good chance he will be ready for week 1. He just will have time to rest through camp and preseason. I think the headaches were overreactions by the media. TO was much more behaved in dallas then in philly. Distraction or not the guy had 13 15 and 10 tds in his 3 years in dallas thats iriplacable. No matter how big of a douche he is he has alot of talent. Roy williams is a question mark cause he just looked lost last year and there have been reports that him and romo still arent clicking.

4. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I would not count much of last year. He came to the team in the middle of the season not knowing the offense. He was hurt and that kept him from doing all he could. Also his first 3 games were without Romo so they never had a good chance to get on the same page. Also he was behind TO, Witten, and MB3 in the passing order. They were not on the same page at the first OTA, while I would like for them to be it is not the end of the world. In the last one they were better so they are getting us to working together. This year instead of having a WR try and replace TO they are going to count on the running game, something they did in 2007. They have 3 very good backs and a massive offense line. Witten is one of the top if not the top TE in the NFL and I think Bennett has the skills to be ranked in the top 10 himself.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

nice to see we have a couple of cowboy fans who just talk ball and don't try to stir the pot in here ...

bottom line is it's only 6/24 ... it's all speculation at this point but the eagles do have a lot of potential going into this season but you have to play the games.

i say let's get through training camp before we even hype anything.

6. ball in the baskett

So kind of like the giants? They pound the ball alot and have a big oline.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This is football people, remember any team can win any given sunday(except the Lions, only joking). No team is unstopable. Even the Pats of 2007 were stopable. To even suggest that is just silly.

8. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

On paper the eagles are best, I would being will to say on paper that the Giants are better than the Cowboys. That being said I think Dallas matches up very well against the Giants.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I'm just a hater lol... well when goofy crap like this gets posted, you think it's going to go over well with other teams fans? I don't think so... Like I said they look no better on paper than the Giants or Cowboys.

10. ball in the baskett

I said its silly but the giants and cowboys dont look better on paper. Look at mansters posts maybe you will learn something.

11. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

sounds good lol.

12. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Come on, we are talking the Eagles here:icon_rolleyes:

13. ball in the baskett

Yea the eagles would never be unstopable we dont have great cameramen to help us out to bad.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

^ Oh no he didn't..... Oh yes he DID