Dolphins Release Statement On OT Jonathan Martin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by Sweets, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Miami Dolphins released a statement Sunday on the situation involving offensive tackle Jonathan Martin and refuted reports that the NFL Players' Association is investigating the matter.

The Dolphins said Sunday that they have been in communication with Martin and that no such investigation was underway.

"The Miami Dolphins, including Coach Joe Philbin and Jonathan's teammates, have been in communication with Jonathan and his family since his departure from the club and continue to be in contact," the statement read. "Our primary concern for Jonathan is his overall health and well-being. As an organization, we take any accusations of player misconduct seriously.

"The notion of bullying is based on speculation and has not been presented to us as a concern from Jonathan or anyone else internally. The reports that the NFLPA is investigating our players are inaccurate. Additionally, the NFL offered its assistance during this time, which we appreciated and gladly accepted. We will continue to make Jonathan's health and well-being a focus as we do with all of our players."

Source: The Sports Network

Sweets's Take: What can I say? Not knowing what actually went on it's hard to speculate but the ribbing that Martin supposedly took must have been a doozy to make him this upset. wow!

2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

So many reports, but no-one knows what really happened. Wierd. If Incognito was in fact "bullying" or making fun of Martin, then what in the heck would possess a grown man to do that kind of crap, especially to his own teammate. If it was just some ribbing, then Martin needs to man up. Just a strange story.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well, keep in mind that we aren't generally talking about Rhodes scholars and Mensa members here. These are the same meathead jocks everyone here knew growing up, only with way more money and way less accountability. Every football team I was ever a part of had a few dudes (usually their own little sub-clique) like (allegedly) Icognito who seemed to just love causing discomfort for others...I'm sure that those kind of guys are fairly well represented in the NFL too.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Incognito is the NFL's dirtiest player,so i doubt he'll win any intellegence contests so he has to rely on bullying players i reckon. I still say the guy should have stood up for himself. If you don't stand up for yourself,who the hell is gonna stand up for you?

5. Rottstein

Rottstein Rookie

I hear Ingognito got him to pay up 15G so the linemen could take a trip together (apparently on Martin) that Martin didn't even want to go on, so he just gave Incognito 15k.

Not sure what else went on.