Dolphins Sign DE/LB Jason Taylor To A 1-Year, $1.5M Deal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by MediaGuy, May 13, 2009.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

The Dolphins have brought back former defensive star Jason Taylor to a one-year, $1.5 million deal. ''My heart has always been in Miami, so I'm truly excited to call myself a Dolphin once again,'' Taylor said in a statement. "I was presented with a number of different opportunities, but, in the end, the combination of this being the best situation for my family, my love for this community and my tremendous loyalty to a great organization made this an easy decision.'' The Redskins released Taylor, who would've made $8 million in base salary in 2009 on that contract, back in February. Though one media outlet reported the Patriots and Taylor had reached a ''handshake deal,'' agent Gary Wichard dismissed that idea. ''There was never any handshake agreement with anyone,'' Wichard said. "I never talked numbers, I never talked parameters with anybody. I talked to a handful of teams that expressed interest, but never would we make a commitment because Jason wanted to play in Miami.''

Source: The Miami Herald

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol, they stole a 2 and 6 , have a great year and get him back anyway.

3. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Yea total rip off, Skins dropped the ball on this one

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Yea that is pretty awesome lol.

5. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Again? He wasn't very good with the Skins.

6. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

screw the fins....:icon_cheesygrin:

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Dolphins~>:an*l:<~Skins ...no lube.

:icon_lol:

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I thought he was going to end up on the Patriots.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i heard it's a 1 year deal worth $1.1 million. that's just above the veteran minimum. taylor may only want to play 1 more year and now he gets the chance to retire as a dolphin. pretty cool.

10. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

not surprising.

jerry porter may still have something in the tank, this has to be an upgrade to the d..... right?

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Jerry Porter is a WR. You mean Joey? And yea it is an updrage becuase Roth is great against the run but can't get to the QB, which Taylor can.

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The skins in general were just ok. He wasn't happy being away from his family. Player not happy = no production.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

The AP announced that it is for $1.5M.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Just seen this at the pizza shop...

Parcells said they would take LT back if they could get him...

:icon_lol:

15. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

i have a lot of respect for taylor for doing this

16. Gehring53

Gehring53 2008 National Champs

haha stealing picks for a year and getting the player with the most active sacks in the NFL back sweetness. Taylor has always been a pretty good guy, glad he'll retire a phin.

17. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

Not only did they get him back after getting picks out of him, but they got him back and barely does he cost them money. That's a point no one here has brought up. lol@that. Epic win.