Dolphins Sign LB Karlos Dansby To A Five-Year, $43M Deal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Karlos Dansby and the Dolphins agreed to terms on a five-year contract that will make the free agent the highest-paid linebacker in the NFL, according to a league source. Dansby's deal is worth a maximum of $43 million, with $22 million guaranteed and will average $9 million over the first three years of the contract. The Cardinals were making a strong push to retain the six-year veteran, who the team drafted in the second round in 2004, but Miami's offer apparently was too enticing for Dansby to pass up.

Source: NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
  2. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

I would like to make a prediction..
    The Arizona Cardinals will sign Kirk Morrison AND trade for Michael Huff.

Good sign by the Dolphins!

3. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

damn:icon_eek:

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I just came. And it was 8 million less than what "experts" said it would take.

5. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

It looks like you guys won't be drafting Rolando McClain, Yall should trade for Nnamdi!

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Congrats, mj. For some odd reason seems you guys were the only real bidders. Hope this takes you guys out of the LB running 1st-round draft.

All the original report ever said was Dansby was eying a 30mil contract.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

8. SoDev

I said the original report, as that's the "so called expert". Everything else was just piggy backing that report.

Cardinals will not place franchise tag on Karlos Dansby, according to team source

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

But that said 30 guaranteed too. I'm so confuesed and happy at the same time.

10. Congrats MJ!

I love Dansby, but it appears that were leaning towards upgrading at Safety in Free Agency and Linebacker through the draft. We should be reaching a deal with Rolle before the end of this evening.

Your getting a heck of a player and Dansby should thrive in Miami's 3-4. Tuna loves his Linebackers and is getting a good one.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

My nipples are so hard right now.:icon_redface:

12. SoDev

Yea but the original said "Dansby, a second-round draft pick by the Cardinals in 2004, is said to be eyeing a contract that guarantees him around $30 million."

No one pulled some expert prediction out their butt. That's my point.

...but who cares. Be happy. :icon_smile:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

:icon_twisted:

[​IMG]

13. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

Not to be a rod...but Taylor Mays did not run a 4.24 in the 40...that was unofficial timing. His official time was like 4.43.

14. dolphinsfan

dolphinsfan Suffering fins fan!!

we need all the defensive help we can get, getting dansby is an excellent start but we need lots more talent before we become a good defense! roll on the draft and lets see defensive selections mount up and we can become a contender next year

15. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Congrats Miami. Now, for some receivers...

16. Dansby!

I Cant Wait To See Him Play For Us!
    Can U Imagine How Awesome Our Defense Would Be If Porter Wasnt Released!
    Porter And Dansby Together Would Be Awesome But That's Never Gunna Happen! :(
    I Want Porter Back!

17. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Joey Porter is an overrated big mouth that we don't need Charlie Anderson did very good the couple games he started... lookin forward to see what are draft looks like

18. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

mj DID call dibs

19. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Off topic for a second.

turn caps lock off.

20. SoDev

For the second time... that was for Rolle, no Dansby.