Dolphins Will Retain Head Coach Tony Sparano In 2011

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 6, 2011.

1. The Miami Dolphins will retain head coach Tony Sparano, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Thursday night. Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh met earlier Thursday with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross in the San Francisco area about the Dolphins' job, sources told Mortensen. Ross resumed the meeting Thursday night with Harbaugh's agent, David Dunn, in Southern California after the Dolphins owner traveled south to satisfy an unrelated business commitment following his meeting with Harbaugh, the sources said. Ross hoped to persuade Harbaugh to take the job and travel to Miami on his private jet to introduce him as his new coach by Friday or this weekend, the sources added. Sparano will fulfill the final year on his contract and he has been working this week at the team's complex in Davie, Fla., and when he took an afternoon walk Thursday, he encountered a cluster of media staking out the facility. "You guys need to find a better hobby," Sparano said.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2011
  2. Harbaugh probably wasn't keen on taking the Miami job and Ross then flip-flopped and told Tony he's their guy.

Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
  3. The race for Jim Harbaugh is now between the 49ers, Stanford and the Broncos.

4. After disrespecting his butt to the fullest! I think Sparano is a good coach and is the right thing for the dolphins once they get some additions through free agency and the draft. They need to find a QB and get rollin. The dolphins are by far disrespectful of their head coach and just showed their true belief and commitment to them. Sparano shouldve gave them the finger and walked out on em but he is a man that will finish what he started.

5. Word.

Sparano deserved better.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Sparano needs an OC. But I have a feeling that they let him know before hand that if Harbaugh was hired he would be kept on as an OC. Ross is making this a clusterheck.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Sparano got f'ed here, but he seems to be very happy there. Hope he can find a way to have a good season next year.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hilarious...

Stephen Ross is an idiot.

9. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

If Ross is wanting a well-known and successful individual with some flash to be HC he ought to hire L L Cool J or P Diddy and be done with it. Just another joke owner.

10. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Thus extension is just adding insult to injury the hecken balls

11. markaz

Heard on local radio that the Dolphins cancelled their press conference naming Sparano. What in the hell has happened to the Dolphins front office?

12. Sparano refused to participate at Friday's press conference, according to Chris Mortensen.

Chris Mortensen: Twitter.com

13. markaz

Thanks, BBB.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i'm sure sparano is a professional and will still give effort to do his job. however, he IS human and people aren't as likely to give sweat, blood, and tears if they feel their boss has done them wrong...........

i've had a couple of similar situations happen in my career (having part of my territory taken away for a new salesperson because i had grown it so large, being passed over for a promotion because the v.p.'s son got it) and on both occassions, my response to my boss was 'i will continue to do my job while i'm here, but as soon as something better comes along, i will be leaving' ............. and within 6 months of both employers actions, I had moved on....... and during the remaining time with those companies, i wasn't giving as much effort ........ i was doing the bare minimum because i knew my future wasn't with that company.

i can't help but wonder if sparano is going to be less energized to give it everything he has since he obviously doesn't have the dolphins full support.

15. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Wow there is a lot of support for Sparano, while I do think his is an OK coach he definitely shouldn't be getting an extension, for him to back Henning with the way they ran the offense into the ground definitely lost a lot of players respect not to mention the fans who paid out good money to see there team lose almost every home game...

16. markaz

Won't speak for anyone else, but I think the support you see is for the way he was totally disrespected by Ross by doing a HC search while he's still on the payroll, not his coaching abilities.

17. 86WARD

86WARD -

^This...

18. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Yes, I agree Ross went about it the wrong way but do I think Sparano was disrespected hmm not so much, after finishing the way they did at home he should have known his job was on the line and anticipated that Ross was going to be exploring his options for a new head coach...

19. markaz

Even Ross knows he disrespected Sparano. Why do you think he gave Sparano an extension? For excellence in coaching?