Donovan McNabb At Odds With Michael Vick's Role?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 28, 2009.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

we will but mcnabb is not a guy who takes crictism well and surely does not like to share the spotlight.

if we start off 0-3 the calls for vick will start and there will be issues.

again, just dont see where signing vick is going to bring about anything positive. that is unless mcnabb goes out with an injury because it's painfully obvious that kolb is just not going to be an NFL starter.

2. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

I am not sold that McNabb wanted Vick, I think he signed off on it but I do not think he expected to hear "We want Vick" so soon.

He was in for 6 plays five at QB which he passed 4-4 for 19 yards that is not even 5 yards per catch. That sucks. I did not watch the game but have seen the highlights they were trying to protect him, most of the plays he did not have to make a read just get the ball and throw to here. On his run he did not look like the Vick of old, granted it was only one run. The one time they had him lined up at WR they used him as a decoy, and the play was flagged for holding anyway. This tells me that he is not ready to be lined up at WR and contribute in the passing game. That is 100% understandable besides be out of football for 2 years he was not asked to do that in a long time and will take some time for him to get use to it. With him being out at lest 6 weeks I am not sure when or how much of a true impact he is going to have with this team.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

well to be honest manster, the eagles called those plays just toget vick out there and get some quick throws and see how the formations look on tape to see what they can do with both qb's on the field at the same time.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

McNabb said he lobbied for Vick......did anyone see any clips of this before the signing or after? I think McNabb wanted Vick reinstated but not necessarily as an Eagle. Anyone who has ever been a qb on a team before knows there's an ego thing to it also. You have to enjoy the pressure and prestige that goes along with being a qb. That's part of the makeup of being a good one. If you're ok with someone sharing time with you then you either are lying or not a good qb. Why do you think Favre keeps coming back and why Aikman and Young had such a hard time retiring even with serious concussion issues? It's in their make up. McNabb cannot seriously enjoy this threat to his stature. Especially in the pressure cooker that is Philly media.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

sweets obviously doesn't know much about philly media loving to stir the pot. it's a staple here. I think mcnabb wants to win, he has said his only thing left to do in his career is win a superbowl and will do whatever it takes to do it. I don't think he would have agreed or lobbied or whatever to get vick if he really didn't like it. The dude is a long time veteran and that is just bullcrap. I really think this is the media grasping at straws here, which is what they always do when it comes to mcnabb. I also don't think he feels like vick is going to take his job, that's a ridiculous thing to even suggest. and Kevin Kolb sucks big time

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I don't care what you say Mike, there's no way McNabb likes sharing the spotlight with Vick right now. Especially when he hears the fans chanting for Vick.

7. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

^^^ Yeah that....

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

^^^My hero....

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

mike, i know about the media here and i know the eagles & mcnabb in particular always seem to hand the media nice pot full of crap to stir. the media here can be too much but to think mcnabb isnt going to be looking over his shoulder with vick considering how he whined when we drafted kolb is naive.

mcnabb is not an innocent victim, he's ripped by the media and fans because fails when its all on the line continually. where i think it becomes unfair is when he is the focal point of the media and fans instead of only being a part of the problem.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

this is awesome

11. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

100% agree need to spread more rep

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i dont think its that ridiculous to think....if vick plays well and mcnabb craps the bed like when he got benched last year vick is a much better option than kolb. this is all basing it on IF vick plays well, no way that can be judged on last night.

mcnabb wont be able to deal with vick chants and thats for damn sure

13. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Please..McNabb has just as much to do with Vicks role as Andy Reid..McNabb was a big part in him going to Philly and will be a big voice while he is there.

1 person likes this.
  14. ball in the baskett

Agreed people just want to stir things up cause theres nothing else to talk about.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Quoting donovan mcnabb from yardbarker you haters can think what you want

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Who's hating, I hope Michael Vick takes McNabbs job away from him...true dat yo....

BTW, hell has just frozen over...Mike Oxlong and BITB is in agreement...wow

16. ball in the baskett

Your just a eagle hater overall you hope we fail

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I don't hate the Eagles, I hate McNabb but that is well documented.

18. ball in the baskett

Still you just would love to see him lose his job and its not gonna happen.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_lol:

:qft:

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Umm yes I would love to see that, I already said that and you quoted it...:lmao: