Donovan McNabb Says "It's Hilarious" He Didn't Know Redskins Playbook

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Donovan McNabb says it's "hilarious" to think that he doesn't know the Washington Redskins' offensive play book. Or that he has trouble calling plays in the huddle. "That is hilarious to me. That is really funny to me," McNabb said Tuesday during his weekly appearance on ESPN980. "For everyone who may not have heard any of this, it's probably a shock to them." Those words aside, the six-time Pro Bowl quarterback spent most of his radio time trying to downplay the fallout from his benching in the final minutes of a loss to the Detroit Lions and not surprisingly, McNabb said he was tired of the whole thing. "It's over to me, and I just look to move on," he said. Coach Mike Shanahan has offered varying explanations of the decision to bench McNabb, initially saying that backup Rex Grossman had a better grasp of the team's 2-minute offense. Shanahan later said McNabb's sore hamstrings had kept the team from practicing the hurry-up attack and that he was concerned McNabb didn't have the "cardiovascular endurance" to run it as effectively as Grossman.

Source: Associated Press

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  2. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The saga continues and he wants to sign an extension

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Cue Smeag's and bigsexy's anti 5 rhetoric in 5...4...3....2....

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Ladies and Gentlemen, the starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings on Opening Day in 2011, Donovan McNabb!!

5. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

It's just amazing, the drama that always lands on McNabb. It isnt just a philly thing anymore. McNabb won't be in washington come 2011-2012 season

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Thats damn near a first round pick to a division rival for this

That actually makes me feel better about our 2010 debacle. Enjoy it Eagles/Giants. Two of your division rivals are royally hecked. However at least I can say my team didnt hand a division rival two value picks in loaded drafts for an over the hill, overrated QB

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

That over the hill overrated QB has won more games with a lot less "talent" then Tony Homo. Even managed to beat your boy if I recall correctly.

8. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

You think they swap QB# and Favre will start for the Skins next season? :icon_cheesygrin:

9. Jihad Joe

And him and his team sucks just like we do

Whats you point

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

My point is that he sucks less. Your right about their team though :icon_cheesygrin:

11. Jihad Joe

And thanks to that trade they made the Eagles better. Possible DROY, and a 3rd/4th round pick in a draft that will be even deeper then last years

They handed you guys two starters for a one year flier on a 33 year old QB, when they had NO CHANCE at competing

At least Detroits haul on the Roy Williams trade wasnt that great

12. Omen

Yo doc any remedies for imsomnia......and why you still all over mcbarfs jock dude he ain't an iggle noore

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Benadryl is probably in your medicine cabinet and makes most people drowsy. It's in a lot of over the counter sleep aids...though some people get wired from it.
    Do you hate Emmit Smith because he finished his career as a Cardinal?

14. Omen

No but didnt defend him....while a cardinal.he retired a Cowboy...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Oh thanks for the tip....my brother in law told me same thing

15. Jihad Joe

I do

No I dont, but I had to take a crap on your chest

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

There's no crap on my chest if you wanna be stupid and hate one of the greats of your franchise's history because the business of the league led him elsewhere for a couple years. If that's how you feel then the crap is firmly lodged between your ears.

No problem omen. Just don't curse me if your one of the 10 percent of people who get wired when they take it like I am. If that's the case then find a doc to rx you some ambien. I use it all the time when I'm switching from a run of night shifts to day shifts or vice versa and can't sleep.

17. Jihad Joe

lol, I said I dont

I dont think Ive ever questioned you on it (might have just to be a rod). Everyone is free to like who they want. At least your dedicated

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You have :icon_cool: It's all good though. Some of my comments might have been subconsciously aimed at smeags, ox, and bigsexy.... all though to their credit they hated on him almost as much when he was an Eagle :icon_sad:

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Done wasting my typing on him for now, phigles. I'll wait till after next Monday night.

Truth. I didn't always hate him though. It really did seem like eight around the whole Rush Limbaugh debacle he became more of the jokester and was insistent on becoming a pocket passer. He used to be one of my favorite players.

20. Jihad Joe

I used to think he was good until he started to suck