Draft Prospect Aaron Murray To Workout For Browns

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by 86WARD, Apr 27, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

If the Browns elect to pass on a quarterback in the first round, a mid-round target has potentially emerged for them.

According to The Cleveland Plain Dealer, former Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray will work out for the Browns on Sunday. This follows a visit Murray took to Cleveland this past Wednesday.

"It was a tremendous visit,'' Murray told the Plain Dealer. "I felt like I hit it off very well with coach (Kyle) Shanahan and the other coaches. I really feel like the team is headed in the right direction and there are a lot of positive things going on there. I'd love an opportunity to play for the Browns or any team that's willing to give me a shot.''

Murray is projected to be a mid-round prospect and is coming off of a torn ACL, sustained late during the 2013 season. A four-year starter for the Bulldogs, Murray's 13,166 yards and 121 touchdowns are the best-ever from any quarterback in the SEC.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/04/quarterback_aaron_murray_eager.html