Drew Brees Named NFC Offensive Player Of The Week

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Oct 20, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The NFL will announce Wednesday that quarterback Drew Brees has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his hand in the undefeated Saints’ 48-27 win over the previously unbeaten New York Giants on Sunday. Brees led a potent offensive attack that cut through the league’s top-ranked defense for seven touchdowns (scored by seven different players), completing 23 of 30 passes (76.7%) for a season-high 369 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions for a near-perfect passer rating of 156.8. The honor marks the ninth time Brees has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Week since joining the Saints in 2006 and his 11th career POW award.

Source: NewOrleansSaints.com

2. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Congratulations again Drew. Dude is hotter than on fire. He is going to need 1 room for his Player Of The Week Awards at this rate. Whispers of MVP!

3. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

lol he did good this week but there have been other weeks he hasnt done anything....... so far this year hes inconsistant...... has 2 good games, 2 terrible games now back with 1 good game.

4. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

I thought Brees won this award earlier this season? I guess not.
    There's too many freaking awards.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

the giants got no pressure at all on brees. i like brees just as much as anyone but with all the time in the world, hell, Mark Sanchez could have torched the Giants.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

You can win it more than once in a year.

Congrats Brees.

7. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Yes I'm aware of that but didn't see anything about it.
    Must have been my oldtimers kicking in again. :icon_cheesygrin:

8. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Grats to him. He is one of the good guys in the NFL, always helping with charities and such.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Yeah just ask his FFL owners....

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

at some point in time people need to stop complaining about fantasy production
    its getting old.
    All season long hes been rock solid and torching the league.

11. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

You mean like Goodell with all that fine $$$ each week going to charites?
    I know that was a cheap shot. :icon_cheesygrin:

12. SweetShot03

it doesnt matter if someone has him in Fantasy football or not, you can plainly see that he did very poorly in 2 games while had 2 outstanding games, fantasy or not thats a little inconsistant. When he is on he is on though no doubt about it, but I am sure every saints fan every week is wondering in the back of their head "What is he going to do this week, be a stand out or a get in a slump?"

13. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Either way the Saints are 5-0 with a league leading 192 points scored. Very respectable IMO.
    The Vikings are a close 2nd with 189 points.

14. SweetShot03

yes they have a good defence run and pass game, when one fails the other can pick up the slack. Drew Brees is a great QB just can be a little unpredictable is all lol

15. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Yes but I think many good QBs fall into that catagory. Rothlisberger,Romo,Eli and even Peyton Manning are a few that come to mind.