Driver Hit By Tony Stewart Dies

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by markaz, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's evidentially another video out there.

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

What's going to be his legacy once he stops racing? The fact that he won 3 Sprint Cup championships, or this?

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

If he doesn't face criminal charges and wins more I think he'll be remembered for the racing.

Remember, Kobe raped a chick but no one thinks of that.

4. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Can't see him getting convicted of anything. just not enough evidence to even charge him with anything.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

not everyone has short term memory loss. I remember Kobe being a rapist, same as Big Ben, OJ a killer, and now Stewart. That is how I am going to remember him. Same as Darren Sharper.

6. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Yep, no matter how this all turns out, even if Stewart breaks Petty's championship record, every time he is written about will now include this incident.

7. ragman

Just saw on Yahoo Sports that under NY law he can still be charged with second degree manslaughter.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

this jitbag doesnt have a snowball's chance in hell of breaking pretty's record. JJ will do that.

9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

jj is a lot better driver too.

10. DaBears22

I was simply using that example to say that no matter what Stewart does for the rest of his Nascar career, this incident will be brought up whenever he is talked/written about.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

you are correct my friend. this will follow tony stewart around like he has a 3rd leg.it does not look like it is intentional to me.
    just like everybody remembered jack tatum for putting darryl stingley in a wheelchair for life,stewart will be remembered for putting this kid 6ft under.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

i got you. i just cant stand tony stewart. he's always been such a diva dog. he can put anyone into a wall and call it racing but someone even thinks of trading paint with him he has a tantrum.

i still remember daryl waltrip basically calling him a bleeding vag in a rep-race interview and stewart storming off.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think Stewart threw his helmet one time at one of those sprint car jobs...no?

14. Steve12

DaBears22 and 86WARD like this.
  15. DaBears22

I remember watching that as it happened.

Stewart has always been a hothead and smeags nailed it when he said that when Stewart wrecks someone it's okay but when he is wrecked, he goes nuts.

16. Steve12

17. Steve12

The second video is a perfect example that. He spins Irwin twice then flips crap when Irwin gets him back.

86WARD likes this.
  18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Stewart has a temper now.the strange thing about the run in with kenny irwin is kenny irwin got killed on the track not long after this run in. I Still do not think stewart intentionally hit this kid.
    I Have never killed anybody,but i would hate like hell to live with it in any circumstances.If i was protecting somebody,i could live with it hopefully. If not,it would just be something i would have to live with.

19. Steve12

Just got a notification that Tony won't race this week in Michigan. Jeff Burton is taking his place.

20. ragman

For those who haven't seen the news, NASCAR tweaked their rule book today in light of the Ward tragedy. Drivers are now banned from leaving their wrecked cars in the middle of a race.