Driver Leads Green Group Of Receivers

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by Sportsguy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Donald Driver doesn't care what the so-called "experts" think of him. "So many people, they say, 'Drive, you always have a smile on your face,' " the Green Bay Packers' veteran wide receiver said. "Well, why should I be unhappy? I'm playing the game that I love, that I played all my life, and I've played here a long time. My career's not over yet."No, but as the Packers prepare to open training camp a week from today, Driver remains one of the least appreciated and most underrated players in the NFL. Despite earning his second Pro Bowl selection by setting career highs in receptions (92) and receiving yards (1,295) last year, the pundits continue to devalue him.Pro Football Weekly ranked him as the 12th-best wide receiver in the game, while Lindy's Pro Football Preview didn't have him in the top 10 and the Sporting News ranked the Packers' starting tandem of Driver and second-year man Greg Jennings seventh in the 16-team NFC.Mr. Driver, your thoughts?"I don't ever worry," said Driver, who has had more than 80 catches and more than 1,200 yards each of the past three seasons. "I know I can play this game and I know that even though people say, 'You're 32,' I haven't shown anything different. I'm still running great routes, still catching the ball and I've still got the speed."The problem for the Packers is that he's also their only identifiable playmaker.

Source: Wisconsin State Journal