Eagles 2010 Training Camp - News & Tidbits

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Jul 27, 2010.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, training camp is here people and considering the big changes on the roster this should be one of the most exciting camps in some time. personally i'd say since terrell owens was traded for. no doubt qb position will be what draws the most attention but there are obviously many other questions on this team. a ton of potential but at the same time some reason for concern that comes from the uncertainty of how these younger players will respond to the bigger roles they will take on.

there's been much debate on the qb position and for good reason, regardless of coming up short or how you may feel about him, donovan mcnabb was one of the franchise's best players ever. can kolb step in and take over and lead the birds to a lombardi ? who knows but get ready for the ride.

found this link on philly.com, pretty good. i like kolb more and more with every presser and interview. hopefully his on field performance can be even better.

Kolb hears from McNabb on Day 1 | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/27/2010

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Funny...that article just made me miss McNabb more. Fun read though. Thanks for posting.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I think this might be one of the few times I agree with Phigles...I miss McNabb. I'm going to miss seeing a QB smile on the field instead of looking blank, maybe a little pissed. I think that this was a class move on McNabb's part. He knows how Eagles fans are and I'm sure he doesn't want Kolb to fail. It's a nice move to wish the man who chased him out of town luck. I am however hoping the Kolb keeps up his success. I'd love to be proven wrong and that I don't have to endure watching a Doug Pederson'esque performance again. Being a Mets fan, I'm looking forward to football season A LOT!! I'm hella stoked for it to kick off! Still need a new jersey though. Don't know who to get. But FLY EAGLES FLY!

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

heck smiling QB's, i want lombardis god dammit !!!!!! :icon_evil:

btw - it's nearly scientifically impossible for another man to put up doug perderson like performances.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just got back from a meeting for work that we had at the Linc. Chuck Bednarik was the special guest speaker. Good dude...a little senile but a nice dude. We asked him what player he'd like to give the Frank Gifford Treatment to from the players in todays game and after he thought about it...Terrell Owens was his reply...

8. DawkinsINT

Ha ha...Concrete Charlie rules.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Awesome!

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

haaa, classic.

oh btw if you come by any of theose kickoff tix again you know how to get a hold of me. :icon_cheesygrin:

on the team, as you probably heard nate allen signed and will be in camp. a sad note is that the eagles released lb alex hall to make room for him. :icon_cool:

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:icon_cool:

I'm okay with the release. lol

12. DawkinsINT

Jeff Mosher reported on twitter tonight that Graham has agreed on a 5 year contract and will be in camp tomorrow.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

man a ton of the 1st rounders signed yesterday. good to have graham in camp. i'm hoping to get up there 8/6.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

When do they wrap up camp and go back to Philly?

16. DawkinsINT

DeSean leaves the practice field with a back injury. Currently being evaluated. Screw.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The same day you start a week vacation Phiglesphan because god IS real and she is punishing you.

18. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

baskett must have been there today as djax got hurt

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Who is getting first team reps at CB?

How has Allen looked?

20. DawkinsINT

Hobbs has been getting first team reps. Haven't heard much about Allen.

It's nice to hear that Kolb is showing a bit of distance on his throws. Heard he's hit both DeSean & Mac on throws of over 50 yards in the air. One against Assante. Not sure who got toasted on the throw to Maclin.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Bradley out. Day to day with hammy spasms. Minor injury.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Just read on twitter that a few minutes ago, Allen tipped and picked a Kolb pbutt. Nobody really reported the details.