Eagles 2010 Training Camp - News & Tidbits

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Jul 27, 2010.

1. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You been drinking with Spad again? : p

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

haaaa, actually i have only met him once at TC. the mods i know from the EMB tell me of his alcohol induced ramblings.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Anyone going to flight night? Hope it doesn't rain.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

nah, i dont even go to preseason games.

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Only preseason game I ever went to was Brown's Giants.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No, but it's streaming live on PE.com if you want to watch it.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I tried to tune in around 730ish but couldn't connect

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I went last year it was real fun worth the 20 bucks dident go this year

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

the whole thing isn't even about football really, it's about the charities the eagles support. they use the football aspect to lure people in which is fine. a lot of people that can't get to TC or games during the season get to watch the team prepare for the year and experience the stadium while supporting a few good causes.

that said i watched 5mins of the phl17 coverage. anymore of tolly's rambling bumbling and i would've puked up the applewood smoked turkey breast i made.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Sheil with a Trent Cole interview..

Video: Trent Cole looks to continue success | Philly | 08/07/2010

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Kolb apparently has been an interception machine in camp (as has McNabb, fwiw). I hope it's because he's taking chances that he wouldn't ordinarily do in regular season games, but I have to admit, it's making me less confident in him than I was pre-camp.

DeSean showing full health and more notes from camp...

McDermott's blitzes; DeSean stands out | Philly | 08/08/2010

Brandon Graham, Mike Kafka and several other of the Philadelphia Eagles' nestful of rookies are making strong summer impressions - ESPN

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I can only see Cole stepping up his game as to not let a rook take his job.

Either way, DE looks freaking stacked right now which is a lovely thing.

Two biggest question marks are LB and all of the OL. I sure as hell hope both of these squads can figure it out. Still have a month...

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

shhhhhhhh, you'll get captain all in a tizzy again.

agreed all on points. the DE position looks to be set up. i keep hearing nothing but big praise on graham. if the DE's get pressure everything behind them looks better.

the lb's should def take a step up this year, how can't they really ? assuming bradley can play at a high level coming off the knee injury the mlb spot looks nice. simms to me is a huge upgrade. those two right there should put aside alot of the issues we saw last year.

the db position is one that needs to improve too. i love the allen pick but the rookie has to prove he can play at the nfl level. i admit i am still concerned over this part of the roster.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:icon_cheesygrin:
    Yyyyyyyyup!
    You would think so, but the douchebags still need to figure out how to tackle from a few reports I have read...
    Yeah, I'm banking a lot on Hobbs and Allen. I think Hobbs can step in and be serviceable and Hanson can fill in on certain packages. Mikell will be Mikell, solid with big plays here and there. Allen will take his lumps but hopefully he progresses and becomes the player we expect.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I keep hearing Allen is looking like a natural out there. Man I'm psyched.

16. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The thing I really liked about Allen before the draft was that he was game ready. More a cerebral player than an athlete.

Him and Mickel should be a good combo from day 1, and probably the best in the division. CB IMO is going to be the achilles of the secondary and defense. I think its something they are going to have to upgrade next offseason. Hanson/Hobbs wont cut it as a #2 with 4 games VS NY/Dallas. Bump them all down a role and you guys are set, but right now thats trouble

If the Eagles want to be ballsey. Get on the horn with NY about Revis. You guys still have a surplus of picks to get it done. What picks from the McNabb trade do you have left

I think you guys are gonna go CB next year anyways. Who would you rather have, Revis or Nakamara?

Even with a fat contract for Revis, its an easy choice IMO

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Can't afford Revis. Already have Samuel and Revis isn't worth the salary on this team.

With regards to Hobbs/Hanson, if the d-line gets the pressure during the season that they are getting in camp, we'll be good to go.

18. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The problem is going to be stopping teams with a good line. If the Ends are being contained and the blitz's picked up, that spot is going to be trouble

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

no way. the eagles would never pay out that much to the cb postition. i said the same thing when the Aso rumors started floating around. not saying it's a bad idea in theory, i mean crap. just no way the eagles would commit that kind of coin there. especially with no new CBA in place.

oh and the eagles still get a 3rd or 4th round pick from the skins in next year's draft. not sure what the determining factors are that will dictate which it would be.

no question though that the d-line was viewed as the more important spot to address with this year's 1st round pick. graham sounds great in TC. let's see how he looks against o-line.

20. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

first D looked great, celek should have held that first TD, Vick looked fast as a muthahecka