Eagles 2010 Training Camp - News & Tidbits

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Jul 27, 2010.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Couldn't be happier with what I saw from the first stringers. Kolb looked sharp. Maclin and Jackson making big plays. Shady running consistent. D shuttin' crap down.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Vick looked real good aside from the fumble and the bad interception. His passes were decent and his legs looked real fresh. Vick to Riley Cooper!

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, the starters looked real good. both sides of the ball. special teams ? well, anyway, the team looked good.

kolb and the starting offense looked impressive. including the dinged up line. they did what they should've done against a lousy team. same thing for the starting defense. fast and hitting hard.

definite nice first showing.

5. DawkinsINT

Ingram to have a precautionary MRI on his knee. Ugh.

Starters to play 3 quarters against the Chiefs on Friday.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

The Chefs?

Kolb is salivating.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

i dont think imgram is ever going to be able to recover and play. damn shame because the kid has a ton of talent. more than celek even IMO.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

There's a crapload to be said about route running, blocking, and just plain getting open over 40 yard dash times, jumping ability, and overall athletic ability. Even with his gifts, it would have taken a LOT for him to overtake Celek.

9. DawkinsINT

Very true, but even if he didn't overtake Celek, it would have been great to have another tight end in there that could give defenses other looks and problems. It's a shame because the kid has talent.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

IR here he comes

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh no doubt and celek is my favorite player on the team but the fact remains the kid had a ton of potential in all aspects of the TE position. the only reason he fell where he did in the draft was his injury issues which unfortunately have turned out to be validated.

like dawk said, imagine both celek and imgram lining up along with mac & djax.

hopefull the kid can repeat what buckhalter did and come back strong and contribute.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

another note - herremans is reported to be ready to play against the cheifs. very good sign becuase this patchwork line looked horrible. hopefully jackson is ready by the season opener and then the line can get some continuity.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  12. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I miss the days where we didn't have to worry about our o-line. Sigh.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

clay harbor will get his spot. wondering if ingram goes to the IR, PUP or even cut.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I doubt he gets cut or IR'd for a bakers cyst. No matter how "significant" it was. I could see him being PUPed though while he recovers and the inflamattion dies down

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah but does the kid have arthitis in his knee joint ? i would hope PUP so he has a chance to recover. thing is they drafted clay harbor because the team wasn't sure if ingram would be able to come from the knee issues (which he isn't 100% recovered from) and now this happens.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Our first team D played tough. Our second team D can't tackle for crap. Our 1st team O-line is heckin' slop. It's a patchwork line, but they were absolute garbage. Still struggle against the 3-4. The Chiefs' 3-4. The rare few snaps Kolb had some time he usually hit (the longer Celek pass comes to mind). That's one thing 5 usually had in his prime, plenty of time to make decisions.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

hey now, i thought capt stubs straightened you out on that.

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The Turk has taken Demps, Macho, Ingram, and my little man Chad Hall.
    Hope Hall makes the practice squad. Ingram might just not be able to come back and good riddance to the bumbling free safety experiments of Demps and Macho.