Eagles Agree To A Deal With Free Agent QB Jeff Garcia

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Harvs01, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That's all good and well, but Kolb is still starting :icon_cheesygrin:

and just for craps and giggles, Garcia's last start with the Eagles was against N.O, Loss. (Doesn't mean anything, just a little "did you know" I know all Eagles fans remember it for sure.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Yeah that's why they let him go the last time because he's proven he can win in Philly... :rolleyes:

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

:icon_confused: i hope not cause it would get me excieted for nothing.

One thing i dont get is why did the panthers go after feely rather then jeff.

4. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

I think the only reason Philly went after Jeff is because he knows the offense and it will take less time for him to contribute.

5. ball in the baskett

Well no crap he lost we dident win the superbowl he turned a doomed season into a good one. Won all of our games after the colts loss.

6. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

He did have a nice run his last time in Philly

7. ball in the baskett

He was worth more at the time

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Right??

So let's take a look at the guys who are looking to steal his job away...

1. Kolb- drafted to be the heir apparent once McNabb was done.
    2. Garcia- filled in when 5 went down and won the hearts of Philly fans.
    3. Vick- already a lot of anticipation to see how he will contribute. Fans are eager to see him on the field.

Lovely.

9. bergybones

So who do you think they will drop when McNabb returns? From this post you seem to like all of them

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Garcia is out. Vick brings far too many options to the table to be cut, and Reid won't let Kolb go because it would prove he totally f'ed the pick.

11. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Exactly, that's why I rolled my eyes, he did a good job and they let him go...

12. bergybones

If this is the case and it wasnt relayed to Garcia before he signed then I lose alot of respect for the Eagles, which is hard since I dont have much respect for the organization to begin with. That is a whole nother issue. But what the man did for you in the past should validate not being a stop gape for a couple weeks.

13. ball in the baskett

so mcnabb is the starter and garcia was a starting level qb so he went somewhere where he could start.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

does mcribb support this move or just vick?

15. ball in the baskett

lol need to spread more rep mcribb thats awesome

16. bergybones

Does it really matter if either supports the move. They needed to sign someone, what if Kolb goes down this Sunday, what would the team have done for rest of game? Start McNabb and chance him going out rest of season.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

What, you think Garcia signed thinking he would be the starter? We didn't call the guy up till our starter went down. He isn't dumb, he knows the situation he is in. He's hoping he can impress the staff enough to keep him around over Kolb which could happen, it's just doubtful.

Garcia can't exactly be picky when teams come calling for his services.

18. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I'll just shush on this subject.

19. bergybones

No I dont think he came in thinking he would start, but I just hope that if the teams plans are to release him right after McNabb becomes healthy that they relayed that to him.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Nice dude.