Eagles Name QB Michael Vick Starter For Week 3

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Sep 21, 2010.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

its a freaking mess that could have been avoided, now they are backpeddling and acting like it's the right move, just one day after announcing that Kolb is still there guy. I don't want to win a couple more games this season, I want a consistent winner in the future.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Somewhere in a football monastery in the Western Himalayas............Ty prepares

BB gunning "spirals" to Koy

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

It should be noted that the Eagles are the only NFC East team right now that isnt absolute crap

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I've always been a big supporter of Reid and love Kolb as a dude in general...

however, as I replay that one quarter against the Packers in my head, I recall how miserable I was and to be honest, I would have broken something if I watched an entire four quarters of that. I couldn't take 8 games of that in a season. I'd probably die.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

At the end of the day, Reid's job is to win football games. Vick gives him the best chance to do that right now.

Maybe this lights a spark under Kolb's butt and gets him on track.

If I got performances out of Vick every week like the last two, heck it. I'd be glad to have him as the starting quarterback. I'd rather get those games out of Kolb, but it is what it is.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

you got the same amount of time with kolb last year when mcnabb got hurt and look what he did with time to throw. this decision was made for reid by the nerd standard. so get ready for more mediocre football and the hope to sneak into the playoffs and line the pockets of lurie even further.

yay team !

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I don't but that ALL of Kolb's struggles in the green bay game were do to the O-line. The fact is he looked like he had regressed. Maybe it was nerves....who knows. The fact is we won't know till he has more time as starter. While I didn't care to know what we had or didn't have in Kolb with McNabb on the team I sure as hell wanna know now.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Rep!

Totally agree.

What's Reid going to do if Vick has a bad game against the Jags? Name Kolb the starter the following week? And, what if Kolb has a bad game that week? Does Reid go back to Vick? And so forth.

Reid's wishy-washy decision making on who his #1 QB should be is going to come back and bite him on his butt.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

funny, i mentioned that people had made the claims that kolb regressed and someone laughed at that. :icon_cheesygrin:

sure nerves had something to do with it. fate of the franchise weighing on his shoulders while the oline had more holes in than the albert hall.

vick saw the same pressure kolb did and got slammed a few times. difference is he can run while kolb cant so he survived.

what happens when the eagles play better teams who watch video of the eagles shutting down vick repeatedly as a falcon and can execute the gameplan ?

oh yeah reid will adjust like he always does.

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Picked him up to be my starter today. Championship

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I'm surprised he was still available.

10. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Kolb's time as a starter for the Eagles is over. I would be surprised if he was still on the team past the trade deadline. He gave his full confidence in Kolb, in building around Kolb in moving forward with him as OUR QB and Vick has good garbage time against GB and wins against DET and you go back on months and months of building the Kolb era up. Screw You Andy, I hope you get a freaking stromboli lodged in your throat and you choke. You fat freaking backpeddling butthole. Oh, I don't want to hear the bullcrap of giving Kolb more time to learn. You the freaking coach, thought he learned so much that you traded McNabb, you gave him the reigns with full confidence. That makes your words meaningless. If I were a player, I wouldn't respect you, trust you or listen to you. I hope a tiger mauls you. I hope a strung out junkee who your son rippped off shanks you and watches you bleed out.

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Or fan.

12. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

KAFKA FTW!!!

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

In hindsight, WTF was Reid thinking...such a rash decision...lol.

14. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'm ok with it. Working on a new fantasy team name right now in his honor.

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

"Top Dogs?" Hell, that's what the Philadelphia Daily News would go with:

[​IMG]

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Missed that thread Steve?