Eagles Not Actively Shopping WR DeSean Jackson?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Mar 18, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Matt Schaub would havea couple nice weapons in DeSean Jackson and James Jones.

It's kind of incredible that the Raiders have $15M+ in cap space after having so much trouble with the cap recently that they were in danger of not even being able to field a roster...lol.

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Yahoo's NFL blog Shutdown Corner is saying today that the Eagles may wind up just cutting him. Apparently, DJ doesn't know that there is no I in TEAM.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

But there is a me.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

you just described 1/2 the wr's in the league

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

with all respect due,on the field and during the game,desean jackson is one of the better players in the league. give him a step,and you will not catch him.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd be willing to bet that it's more than half...

7. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i bet it aint just the wrs,it's all the players!

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Unnamed sources, speculation, etc....I would love to know what is really going on. I can't imagine that there is something going on in the background that this team is better off without him. He doesn't need great stats (which he put up last season) to prove his worth. The distraction his speed gives to opposing defenses opens up so much to others in the passing and running game.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would lol so hard if the Eagles cut him

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

im still saying bullcrap utill he's traded.

12. DawkinsINT

I was the same way. When McManus said they are shopping him though, that has me giving in to there is really something going on. He's not always right, of course, but he seems to be closer with the organization than most others.

13. ragman

Me too.

14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Something in his past...so freaking what. If there is something, it's been with him all through his formative years, when he excelled in HS at a high level both academically and athletically, with him when he eschewed hometown glory at USC for a California Berkeley education, where he also excelled, with him when despite getting passed over in the draft, he's been one of the most explosive and dangerous receivers and returners in the game year in and out...so yeah, I'm good with "something" in his past. Give me a freaking break.

Pain in the ass, fine, plenty of players are, but gimme TO or Ocho or Desean or Dez or Moss or Carter or Irvin or Jerry in their prime and I'll take the pain in the ass.

15. ragman

Vick is campaigning for the Jets to get him.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

this isnt about his past ... christ how stupid is that to think. this about what he's doing now and if any of the rumors (thats all we have right now) prove to be true the eagles have good reason to want to be rid of him.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  17. 86WARD

86WARD -

@Walnuts just setting up his "love" in case the Niners do trade for him...

;)

18. ragman

Isn't he due $10.25 million this year?

19. DawkinsINT

The Eagles finally spoke.

Howie Roseman - "He's still under contract".

20. ragman

I'd love for Jackson and Jonathan (I Need A Hug) Martin to be on the same team.