Eagles QB Kevin Kolb Feels He Can Provide Leadership

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Sep 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Kevin Kolb could be in line to make his first NFL start next Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, with Donovan McNabb suffering a cracked rib in today's opener against Carolina. Depending on how quickly the Eagles make a decision about McNabb and he feels, Kolb could get a full week of preparation with the first team for the first time. "Well, I think I can go in there and show leadership," Kolb said after today's game. "The biggest thing for a backup quarterback is leadership. Not let the offense miss a beat. Just come in there and run it as smooth as it was before the injury and keep us clicking." Kolb, a 2007 second-round pick, has struggled in both of his significant stretches of playing time in relief of McNabb.

Source: Philadelphia Daily News

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Really?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

all he could provide is ints and fumbles im done with him. Aj feely should have stayed not this bum

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Yet you'll be all over his rod if he beats the Saints next week with his arm. I'm done with you. 49ergenius should have stayed not this bum.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You fooled me when you said you had my nose, but I'm not falling for this trick.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

FYI

Baskett once had a fantasy team named "Start Kolb I hate McNabb"

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I fractured a rib laughing at that.

8. ball in the baskett

:icon_rolleyes: are you gonna send me another pm like before saying my bad for being mean to you we cool?

lol you make me laugh

I dident say anything wrong kolb is a horrible qb and showed it today

9. Crowned

Who will be posting in your place next week?

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

While I agree with you, he is absolutely right. Feeley should have stayed. If Reid wouldn't have gotten a truckload of crap for the move I guarantee Kolb would have been axed. Feeley has proven his ability in this offense and had an excellent preseason.

And of course fans would hop on the wagon if he has a good game. Just about any fan of any team would if the third string QB took advantage of the situation and put together a quality performance. Especially with the (low) expectations we have of him.

11. Crowned

Sure Feely is the better choice, but Kolb is what you have. And we aren't just talking about "any fan".

12. ball in the baskett

Im just waiting for the day hes finally cut. What im wondering is if mcnabb goes down and vick is back would he really put kolb in over vick. Andy keeps saying kolb is the #2 but if vick was back im not so sure about that.

13. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

I don't see that happen.

14. Crowned

Yes they would play Kolb over Vick this week even if Vick was eligible. Vick isn't near ready.

15. ball in the baskett

I hope not atleast vick has a cannon for a arm.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Idk he could probably still do a bit better then kolb. In preseason he had 3rd string players to work with. He still showed a couple times in preseason that he still has a good arm. The thing with kolb is he never has consistant drives. He gets a couple of decent plays and then it crumbles when we are close to scoring. He could barley get Tds vs a 3rd string team in preseason.

16. Jihad Joe

He has a great arm, thats so strong he throws 3 feet above his WR's head on short intermidate routes

The Eagles offence isnt built for Vick. Vick and McNabb are two completly different QB's. Vick would struggle to move the chains with the Eagles playbook. He is there as a weapon, not a QB

17. ball in the baskett

Maybe but i really dont feel comfortable with kolb going into a game. I wouldent even be confident vs KC with kolb starting. It would be awesome if jeff garcia was willing to sign with us for 2 weeks.

18. Jihad Joe

I would feel way more confident with Kolb then Vick

Your just being attrated to bright objects. As a QB Vick is a terrible fit in Philadelphia

He is there as a decoy, sub package weapon. Not to be an every down QB

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You brittle bastard. You remind me of someone..........

20. ball in the baskett

I really just hope we run the ball then kolb will just have to manage the game. When mcnabb went out in 06 and garcia came in westbrook has his best year cause we ran so much. After this week he cant use the never started a whole game excuse. Our offensive line did great today lesean and westbrook both had good games. Westbrook averaged 4.9 and lesean did 5.1. Another positive is the defense looked amazing today.