Eagles QB Kevin Kolb Feels He Can Provide Leadership

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Sep 13, 2009.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Eagles arent very well known for consistancy lol

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Im not touching that

Their run defence other than in 2006 has been pretty consistant however

3. ball in the baskett

Oh man i hated the run D in 06 i remember saying a grandma could run through this d. That was cause trotter was getting old.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

RUN RUN RUN THE BALL

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No doubt. If Kolb starts, I'm sure they will.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

First off I am not saying Kolb is great or even good, but before last year people were saying the same things about aaron rodgers. Give the guy a chance to take all the first team reps for once and actually practice the plays to be executed in the game. Vick is not a starter and will NEVER be the #1 QB on this team. I would rather have Garcia, he is the perfect fit for a WCO offense and if Mcnabb were to miss any significant time, I would be calling Garcia immediately. Please stop listening to baskett, his football knowledge is limited to dave spadaro and mcnabb's blogs. He doesn't understand offenses, defenses, how players abilities play into a teams scheme. Kolb may not be the best, but he is wayyyyy more suited to play in our offense than Vick. Vick is a weapon/decoy/sub-in player only. Kolb is a smart guy and a hard worker, I am willing to see what he can do with first team reps in practice, something he never gets. Reid helped to groom favre, mcnabb and I would be willing to see what he has done with Kolb, people do grow and get better as young players in this league.

If Kolb leads the Eagles to a win, Baskett will have 7 new avatars and sigs proclaiming his undying love for kolb and saying that he always knew he would be good.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

This :icon_lol:

8. ball in the baskett

Actually i wouldent say that i always loved kolb. I really dont care what the eagles do as long as it makes them win. Im not just a fan of certain players on my team im a fan of the philadelphia eagles. If kolb became good i would admit i was wrong im not trying to be a analyst on here and try to make predictions. Im just talking about whats going on right now and right now kolb sucks. Same thing with winston justice i hated him but he had a pretty good game the other day.

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Lets not forget Kolb was a very high second round pick, and Reid is a known QB developer (with the help of Trusty Ty). Its kinda amazing how people want him cut already based off of one bad regular season game against the team that has the most Exotic blitz package of all the exotic blitz packages, and some uneven preseaon games

10. mike oxlong

exactly what I was saying

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

AJ Feeley has proven to be a consistently solid player in Philadelphia. I don't know how many times we need to cut and resign his butt before we realize he is the best option this team has for a backup.

I said it earlier. I'm glad to give Kolb a chance to prove his worth. He talks relatively big for having done nothing on the field. Now's the time to produce.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You assume that those of us who are baggin on Kolb are only basing our opinions on what we have seen in the regular season/preseason. We're not. He has sucked in TC too.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Of course now that we have Garcia on board this thread is irrelevant

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

what ? who was saying that besides farve lovers ? i heard the complete opposite and this is proven by the fact that the packers told farve to take a hike.

kolb has taken a step back and it's evident in his play in TC and practices. that's where you get the most chance to prove to your coaches that you are ready to play in games. vick isn't here to be a starter, we ALL know that but is he here because the coaches do not trust kolb enough if mcnabb is down for an extended period of time. that's reality.

14. mike oxlong

Kevin Kolb first QB in the history of the NFL to throw 300 yard games in his first two starts. What a difference playing with the starters all week and being a part of the gameplan is....:icon_cool:

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Korn on the heckin' Kolb, blowin onto the scene.

This guy's performance the last two weeks just adds more pressure on McNabb. He thought he had pressure with having a guy behind him drafted in the 2nd as well as Vick and Garcia, well homeboy proved he can play. Hopefully this pushes McNabb and makes him a better player.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

actually what a difference playing against two pathetic defenses as opposed to a good one .... :icon_cool:

17. mike oxlong

that pathetic defense did pretty good against Buffalo that was tearing people up, but I knew that smeagle would come in here throwing the negative side of things. Dude played great, under pressure throwing strikes, staying strong in the pocket and throwing accurately. Whoever it was against, bottom line is that he has played exponentially better than you expected.

18. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Kolb has looked damn good. Hope he takes McNabbs job sooner rather than later.

Yea, that was a completely ridiculous statement that was not exaggerated, but completely made up.