Eagles QB Michael Vick Accuses Giants Of Poor Sportsmanship After Loss

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Dec 19, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Yes, it was a devastating loss, but a number of Giants players simply walked off the New Meadowlands turf after DeSean Jackson's game-winning punt return touchdown before shaking hands with the Eagles, according to several players. "I just thought for them to walk off the field at the end really didn’t show great sportsmanship," Eagles quarterback Michael Vick said. "We still have the utmost respect for those guys. Those were the ones doing a lot talking.â€￾ Asked to give a comment about what the Giants players were saying to the Eagles during the game, center Mike McGlynn said, "You don't want to hear what I have to say." The implication was that what he had to say wasn't going to be flattering. The Eagles' remarkable 38-31 comeback win over the Giants gives them six straight over New York and a rematch in the playoffs is not out of the question.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I can't say I really blame them. I wouldn't want to shake another man's hand after he just raped me either.

1 person likes this.
  3. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

the culprit behind this is Brandon Jacobs he hates the Eagles guts.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's rude, the Eagles love Brandon Jacobs. He hasn't done crap against the Eagles in a long time, save for giving us a few fumbles.

5. mmehring

mmehring Cap'n Stabbin

Rep.

I loved every minute of this game. Im one fantasy win away from a 200$ pay day and vick led the way in me scoring 147 pts this week.. :)

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

who gives a heck if the opposing players shakes your hand after a game ?

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Tradition dictates they should. Shows the same lack of class they always display with the extracaricular shoves and on field crap talking they can't seem to back up. I am sure the Eagles lost little sleep over it but they are right to call them out over it

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Screw 'em. No love lost as there wasn't any to start with.

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Giants did a LOT of crap talking before the game, I guess this was a slick way of calling them out?

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

what ? this wasn't a hockey playoff game which i would understand. this hand shake deal is a more recent thing in the nfl (after free agency kicked in) and not some long standing tradition.

i mean what's next ? asking a qb that just throttled your team for an autograph on camera ?

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Coming from the poster child of good sportsmanship. At least Tom Coughlin didn't electrocute the Giants after that loss. :icon_rolleyes:

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I'm sure he wanted to!

14. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Good point.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...good sportsmanship by DeSean Jackson the last couple weeks...

16. His antics are going to cost the Eagles a game sooner or later.

He's lucky Danny Ware didn't try to knock the ball out before he got into the endzone.

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He's too fast for Danny Ware to be able to is more accurate.

18. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

Is it just me or is vick turning into a snitch. He crys about getting hit too much...crys the refs aren't throwing flags....now this. I liked him better when he was killing dogs.

19. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Intelligent from start to finish. Well done.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Another Philly QB [​IMG] ?