Eagles To Meet With QB Michael Vick To Discuss His Future

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Jan 17, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports Eagles QB Michael Vick will meet with the Eagles within the next 2-3 weeks to discuss his future, as Vick would prefer to compete for a starting job. The Eagles currently have three quarterbacks on the roster and there are rumors that Donovan McNabb might be available via trade despite head coach Andy Reid saying otherwise to the media. The Eagles could opt to let Michael Vick leave as a unrestricted free agent or pick up a $5 million bonus for 2010 which if they did would signal they would want to proceed with Vick as their starter.

Source: TheRedzone.org

2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

If Kurt Warner retires in the next "2-3 weeks," maybe the Cardinals would be an ideal landing spot for him. Imagine that, two lefties competing for a starting QB spot.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

:icon_rolleyes:Wow. Cardinals are a passing team, that is a skill that Vick lacks. The only team I see that is desperate/dumb enough to trade for him are the Raiders. If no one trades for him, then he is going to get cut because who is going to pay 4.3 million or so for a useless roster spot taker.

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Vick wasn't that terrible of a passer, especially at the latter part of his career. His numbers are misleading as they do not account for drops, poorly run routes, and being flushed out of the pocket. He was nowhere near great, but he wasn't a terrible passer, more like mediocre. Cardinals are becoming a running team, especially knowing that Kurt Warner does not have much time left and Leinart cannot fill in. If Kurt Warner retires and you're Arizona (if you can't get McNabb), what do you have to lose?

5. Xpunk10

Xpunk10 X10

I'd be shocked if we got rid of McNabb and kept Vick as starter.

I'd love to get rid of McNabb though.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Are you serious?

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The Cardinals are not becoming a running team, they are becoming more balanced, but they are a pass first offense. What do they have to lose? How about the loss of their biggest weapon in Fitzgerald. Vick is not in any way shape or form a QB fit for a pass orientated offense.

8. AtlantaBlazer

And neither is Leinart, but if those are your only choices, I go with Vick.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Why? Leinart is better suited to play in the Cardinals' offense.

10. AtlantaBlazer

Because Leinart hasn't shown me he can do anything with that offense. I just don't trust him as a starting NFL QB.

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

And you would trust a guy who hasn't played QB in three plus years? A guy who has had trouble making reads and with accuracy?

12. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

he better not be resigned to be the starting qb lol

13. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Vick has always had hidious accuracy and would never sit in the pocket, and the WR comments seem unfounded considering both Roddy White & Michael Jenkins immediately broke out when he went behind bars.

And the Cardinals becoming a running team??? 28th in Rushing Yardage and 32nd in Attempts suggests otherwise.

14. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

While I just can't imagine this EVER happening I will go on record as saying that while I could eventually get behind a Kolb led Eagles team I will never root for a Vick led one.

15. AtlantaBlazer

No. Hue Jackson and Joe Horn getting in Roddy's butt is what got Roddy turned around. Jenkins still hasn't turned around and has been a waste of cap space since he was drafted by this team. He has hardly contributed to this team at all.

And I mean they're making strides to become more of one. They actually have a legit running threat in Wells and Hightower is a nice change of pace back. They have the capability to go to a running team should Warner retire. Again, check Vick in 06, he was never a GREAT passer, but he wasn't terrible. It's too easy for everyone to look at his game stats and go "oh, he's obviously terrible." It's also easy to just crap on him for what he did, but at one point in time, 05 if I remember correctly, Vick had a completion percentage of 56, with a total of 7% of his pass attempts dropped. Now no WR or core is perfect, passes get dropped, but 7% is way too much.

SN: Wrong year, it was 04. It was the next year that Mora began to get too pass happy with a team built around running and drove us into sub-par seasons. You put him in the right system, he can play. He's gained a work ethic from having something he never had in Atlanta, someone telling him that his raw talent isn't good enough and that he's got to step it up. Vick's problem was work ethic, not lack of capability.

16. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

leinart is gonna take over the world one day

17. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

Lol at people thinking that Vick should start anywhere. Vick will never be a long term starter for any team. He might get a sniff somewhere, but he'll get replaced soon enough. He had some success early on in his career, but once teams figured him out and watched how the Bucs used to play him, he couldn't beat teams with his arm. He was always a bad decision maker. He doesn't have the same wheels anymore either. He's a decent back up to have if your team is lacking in that department, but that's about it.

18. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Like i tod you before Mike Vick "COULD" be the future of the EAGLES. :icon_cheesygrin:

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Fixed...