Eagles Vs Cowboys MNF

Discussion in 'NFL Gameday' started by ollysj, Sep 12, 2008.

?

Who will win this game?

1. Eagles

46.3%
  2. Cowboys

53.7%
  1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

great game and reminded me a lot of the Giants/Cowboys game to kick off last season. That was a heavyweight matchup that lived up to the hype. Congrats to the cowboys on the win, that just is part one of what could turn out to be a 3 part story by the time it's all said and done. One thing that I learned is that Lito needs to be on TO for the whole game. TO was shut down in the second half.

Tony Kornheiser would have had s*x with any cowboy that would have let him, and on TV. That guy is more than annoying. His jokes are tired and his comparisons of every little thing was beyond stupid.

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

How can you deny that that play changed the game? Yeah you can't assume that you will score, but it still completely flipped the field position at the time. The Eagles were in Cowboys territory and even if their drive stalled out, they could have been Dallas inside their own 20 at the least.

We had the ball at midfield and then gained 12 yards on 2 plays. We weren't marching down the field, but we were already in field goal position and only 4 more of those 6 yard passes away from making it a two possession game. If you can't realize that that was a huge mistake and total game changing play, then you're oblivious.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I would like to organize a Tony Kornhieser Lynch mob

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm not denying crap, it changed the game but ball in the baskett can't claim a td could have went down and got a field goal maybe

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

At times it seemed like there was more commercials and highlight replays than actual gameplay. It was gooberedly annoying and sick. Than on top of that you have 3 goofballs recapping every single play and giving there amazing insights and analysis on what just happened. I dont need an announcer to tell me that Romo just threw a 60 yard pass, I don't need 43 replays and 10 different angles of it. Its just so stupid.

6. mike oxlong

I'll bring the rope

7. Jihad Joe

In a game with Asante Samuel, Sheldon Brown, Lito Shepard, Terence Newman, Adam Jones, Anthony Henry, teams shouldnt be able to score 41 and 37 points while there featured back averaged 3.2 and 3.5 YPC respectively

I freaking hate the new pass crazy NFL. I want the rules to go back to what they were before. This is bullcrap

8. mike oxlong

where were the freaking blitzes, WHERE!!!

9. mike oxlong

and too much shotgun

10. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

I think we should go after Stuart Scott as well(I didn't say freaking lynch).

11. Jihad Joe

I saw them on both sides, and they got picked up.

Either both teams did a terrible job blitzing or the lines backs picked them up well

12. Crowned

Stuart Scott doesn't bother me

13. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im just saying our offense was rolling on that drive and there was a good chance.

14. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

One thing that ticked me off was that I didn't see many Barber and Felix in the backfield sets. Maybe 3 or 4 times.

15. burnout2oo7

Technically you can't but it's not like it was an insane assumption. In a game where the defense was MIA, is it so hard to believe an offense would have driven 30 yards?

16. Crowned

If you dont think I believed it was a game changing play then re-read the whole freaking play by play thats all im saying.. I'm done with that discussion

17. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!

damn!!! We were so close!!

Not a good way to start my birthday!

18. burnout2oo7

Gocong seemed to hurry Romo a lot (he forced the Romo interception and I think it was him that forced the errant pass on the big third down play in the 4th quarter for Dallas), he just never got a sack. I don't put any of the blame on JJ (unless he's the one who decided to let Sean freaking Considine play) for this. Biggest problem for us was way too much blown coverage. Romo had a very unspectacular game, but you wouldn't know it by looking at the box score.

19. mike oxlong

lets stop arguing about crap that's over, I'll say again.....

great game and reminded me a lot of the Giants/Cowboys game to kick off last season. That was a heavyweight matchup that lived up to the hype. Congrats to the cowboys on the win, that just is part one of what could turn out to be a 3 part story by the time it's all said and done. One thing that I learned is that Lito needs to be on TO for the whole game. TO was shut down in the second half.

Tony Kornheiser would have had s*x with any cowboy that would have let him, and on TV. That guy is more than annoying. His jokes are tired and his comparisons of every little thing was beyond stupid.

20. Jihad Joe

On the plus side for the Cowboys D, we only gave up 7 second half points