Eagles Will Try To Trade QB Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Ricky actually is a good guy, he's not just one another one of those thugs, he doesn't have that thug mentality, never did, dating back to his days when he was a fresh recruit out of Patrick Henry High. I wouldn't go as far as to say he represents the NFL in a positive manner, but theres a big difference between a guy like him and a guy like say Cedric Benson, or Michael Vick, or a young Ray Lewis.

2. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

I agree but where do we start? The Bengals have former Bears Cedric Benson and Tank Johnson as well as many others. LOL

And Pacman Jones.....

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

first off BU, you need to let it go brother, i don't watch this sport for role models, there are far too many cretons for that. If you are watching for role models, then you need to find a different sport. I watch it for the fun, entertainment, excitement and of course hopeful monetary gain

Henne is the future of that team, with noodle arm pennington gone, they can finally take advantage of that team's best asset at the WR position. Speed. Pennington wasn't passing deep to anyone and henne has the arm to take advantage of that. I think once Henne gets his game going, that team is actually better off.

now as far as the Eagles trading Vick, lol

In the words of the Venerable Ricky Watters:

"For Who, For What!"

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

dear god mike. do you not know how to take a joke ? i know henne is the future and they already traded for thygpen. (and yes i know to be a 3rd qb) thanks for the analysis though, i will file it away there slugger... :icon_cool:

as far as vick not being able to be traded ? lmao, whatever you say bro, as long as there are dumbass owners/gm's out there that will take him over the crap they have at the qb position there's a decent chance. it's not out of the question that he could be in black and silver or burgandy and white next season.

one is clear, he wont be an eagle next year.

5. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I agree, he won't be an Eagle, but I don't think that any other team wants to pay him that ridiculous amount either. They know the Eagles will release him and then be able to get him much cheaper. If Vick were to actually show something on the field, I could think we might be able to get a late round pick from a team that doesn't want to bid with another team, but even then that salary is going to be a difficult thing to unload in a trade.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Stranger things have happened...did anyone think Nike would offer Vick an endorsement deal this soon after his release from jail?

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

mike,

vick is getting ridiculous money next year if he's a back-up. if someone trades for him it will be to play him as a starter then that contract becomes a steal. of course thats if the eagles do not over evaluate him and refuse trade offers because they feel they can get a 1st or 2nd round pick.

i guess peta will be protesting outside of nike headquarters soon enough. does this endorsement hurt the objective of teaching kids that breaking the law will cost you ?

8. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Its hard to say at this time if Vick will be traded or not. Kolb looked really good if Kolb continues to "consistently" play the way he is.. Vick might want to consider another team if he is looking for a starting job.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

LOLz @ mike florio from PatheticFootballTalk. on WIP this morning stating the eagles didn't sign vick to simply be a gimick player. he claims htey are looking at him as the possible starter next year when they trade mcnabb.

*snicker

10. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Vick is in a really good situation "this year" with the Eagles, Vick has plenty of time to adjust to the speed of the game, improve on alot of skills before he goes to his new team next year. Vick is a starting Qb, And with Mcnabb in Philly I dont see that happening.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_lol:

12. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Vick as a starter, hahaha. The only Team I would see going after Vick would be the Raiders.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

so then, you agree, he's a starter

14. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Who me smeag? I think Vick is/was/and will be a joke at QB. But because his arm and his above average mobility Al will sign him to the richest contract in history.

15. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Mcnabbs Contract ends after the 2010 Season and as of today 11-24-09 Mcnabb has not received a contract extension. VERY TRUE that Mike Vicks playing time is "very little" but it was designed this way. To give Vick time to improve his passing skills and to get back into football shape... and to let all this dust settle regarding his prison sentence. From what I have seen Vick still has a Cannon of an arm and just rushed for 34 yards against the Bears on "1 "carry.. and Vick looked explosive... he looked really good.

I see the Eagles trading Mcnabb because they will get more value for him. i mean a really good draft pick or 2 . to add to rebuilding this team. As of Kolb, I see them letting Kolb battle Mike Vick for the starting Job which I dont see Kolb EVER beating out Mike Vick, Green Light to trade Mcnabb

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Really???

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, marcus vick is on GIF !

18. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Eagles will not trade Mike Vick, Mcnabbs Contract ends after 2010 season and Mcnabb has not received an extension yet. Mcnabb will be traded, Eagles will get more trade Value from Mcnabb which will help rebuild a younger Eagles team for the furture with Vick at QB.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

vick's contract ends after 2010 as well and sucks as a qb. sorry but your wet dream of vick being the starting qb of this team will not come true. at best he would back up kolb who is 50times the qb vick could ever want to be. but that won't happen either at the money he is due to be paid.

20. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It's an interesting thought.

You are right, we could get some real value for McNabb after this season. Kolb has showed us some life and looks like he could be the guy to carry this team. But that was only two games.

Vick doesn't factor in the equation at starting quarterback. It won't happen. He was signed only as another weapon on offense, specifically wildcat formation. He'll never start here.

I would be open to the trading of McNabb for the numerous reasons I have reiterated, but it will neeeeeever happen. He and Andy are in bed together. Andy will never do that to Donny.