Embarrassing Eagles Are Now Done

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I really hope they dont go after Ryan in the offseason.

My new "Next Big Thing" as far as HC's goes is Miami Assiantant HC and Secondary Coach Todd Bowles. He is a 3-4 guy, but he is a guy that learned the 3-4 from Parcells, Wade Phillips, and Mike Nolan. # completely different schemes from 3 top end 3-4 coach's

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

It was said earlier in this thread...there was one player to stop on the Cardinals and it was Fitzgerald. Vick wasn't the one stopping him. The o-line wasnt stopping him and for that matter the d-line either. If you have 2 great corners and can't stop one single player....that's the first place I'd look. Without going back to analyze each loss, is this the pattern?

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

aso was put on fitzgerald one on one for a good amount of the 1st half and he pretty much shut him down in the beginning of the game but for some reason the decision was made to change that.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Aso covered him on 20 of 46 passing plays in mostly man to man coverage. Fitz was thrown at twice and both passes were incomplete.

The rest of the plays were zone coverage and Fitz moved around to get away from him. Why they didn't just put Aso on him all game, I'll never understand.

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

correct me if i'm wrong but they had a rookie safety covering on fitz for the one touchdown and a lb on the other right ? brilliant.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Well on the safety TD, Samuel broke off of Fitz thinking Skelton was throwing elsewhere. Ugh.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

this season is beyond embarrassing at this point. that said i would not be completely surprised to see the agles win this week.

8. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I hope they do. If the Eagles win and the Cowboys win, there's a first place tie in the NFC East.

9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Personnel wise what you guys have to address this offseason to be a legit contender is the middle of that defense. A big DT, an MLB and a maybe a Safety, altho I do like Coleman. One thing I noticed in the Cowboys game before it got out of hand, is how we were able to run at will on you. We couldnt protect the QB, but our OL (which isnt good) was able to do what they want in the run game. Wide 9 really needs a biggun n the Fat Albert mold to be a good all around front. As far as run D, Cullen Jenkins gives us an added asset in that he has played, and played well as a DE on run downs in a 4 man line (He used to platoon with KGB in Green Bay before they went 3-4)

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

my man, fans have been screaming for these very things for years and reidd proves he's smarter than us every year.

safety i am will to wait and see. nate allen is still not 100% from his injuries and jarret has just started getting into the line-up along with coleman so there is hope there. it all comes back to the middle of the line. no consistent pressure.

11. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

They could be a dangerous team if they get in the playoffs now on a hot streak

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

they could be a dangerous team if they get a better HC.

13. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Andy Reid out of the picture alone will fix all that ails this team?

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

whos out there that can coach the eagles

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

no because we have a CPA running the team's draft and free agency. but it's a start.

i have said this many times before but it's worth repeating, i give reid all the credit in the world for everything he's done to turn this franchise around. i truely do, he deserves the props. i just think he has gotten the team as far as he can because his arrogance and stubborness are the two biggest obstacles the eagles have always had and they arent going away.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

there are plenty of canidates. people that say there arent have their heads in the sand. how many coaches have won the super bowl that were hired after reid ?

17. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I don't think a new HC is a solution to your guys problem, I think that this team is finally starting to come together and get some chemistry, you guys have been on a hot streak. Eagles do look scary now, team that I would not want the Giants to play right now.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Juan Castillo will be the scape goat. Not sure they will "fire" him, but theyll give him new "responsibilities" and hire a new DC. Reid will keep his job and win the NFC East next season.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

i respect your opinion but that's bull. it's 13 years of the same thing ... some how some way this team comes up short and reid is always a big reason why.

it's all moot now though because he is coming back.

20. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I agree with this. However, I also think people will harp on the lockout. This team FINALLY has some chemistry going at Week 16. I've said it a million times. Give them a full off season to have built that chemistry before and this team would've been dangerous from the get go, especially with an Offensive Line coach as the DC. I think Castillo will be back as the Oline coach next year. I can't imagine Howard Mudd spending another season limping around the sidelines. He was retired prior to this season but Andy convinced him to come back. Castillo was a GREAT OLine coach before and I think he will be again. Erection Alert would be Spags getting canned in the Lou and coming back home where he belongs and being our DC. Or, given a full season AND off season to work/learn his talent and JC might become a decent DC. We aren't losing a TON on defense so it could pay off.

Please name some HC's that could come in here and coach this team without us going rebuild? It'll be near impossible because there ARE NONE! Andy needs 1 last chance at this. I want a Super Bowl yes but I'm okay with going 10-6, 11-5 and being a contender. I don't want to be the Rams or the Redskins and each year hope that my team is good. Andy doesn't have consecutive bad years and with the defense gelling and having an off season to learn from their mistakes and adding key pieces even more so this off season I'm INCREDIBLY excited about 2012. I think this team will do big things next season. Imagine if that D could have held leads late in games this year. We'd be 12-4 or 13-3 instead of 8-8. Not ALL on Reids shoulders.