ESPN's Rob Parker Apologizes For Comments About Redskins QB Robert Griffin III

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

ESPN analyst Rob Parker upset a lot of people last week when he called Robert Griffin III a "cornball brother," even though Griffin's family responded to the ridiculous statements with clbutt.

Parker has since been suspended by the network. On Wednesday, he began to say he's sorry.

"I blew it and I'm sincerely sorry," Parker wrote. "I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care. This past Thursday I failed to do that. I believe the intended topic is a worthy one. Robert's thoughts about being an African-American quarterback and the impact of his phenomenal success have been discussed in other media outlets, as well as among sports fans, particularly those in the African-American community.

"The failure was in how I chose to discuss it on First Take, and in doing so, turned a productive conversation into a negative one. I regrettably introduced some points that I never should have and I completely understand the strong response to them, including ESPN's reaction. Perhaps most importantly, the attention my words have brought to one of the best and brightest stars in all of sports is an unintended and troubling result. Robert Griffin III is a talented athlete who not only can do great things on the field, but off the field handles himself in a way we are all taught -- with dignity, respect and pride.

"I've contacted his agent with hopes of apologizing to Robert directly. As I reflect on this and move forward, I will take the time to consider how I can continue to tackle difficult, important topics in a much more thoughtful manner."

Source: NFL.com

2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

sorry but I don't buy it. he turns every so called debate into a race debate.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not buying it.

4. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

This is racism! If a white guy had said that RG3 was less than fully black, he'd be lynched!

5. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Really :icon_rolleyes:

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

heck off parker

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I just read on The Atlantic Wire that ESPN said they won't fire him

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

He got a 30 day suspension,the same as the guy on there that called or refered to jeremy linn as having a chink in the honor.

9. ball in the baskett

I dont think him getting fired would be right its just that every time i see this guy on tv im gonna think hes a dumb racist goober.

10. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Think it makes ESPN look weak in keeping him,but i never take the guy serious cause it's obvious he hates just about everybody but himself!

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

that's because he is ............

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

since he is black,would black people call him a racist for talking crap about a black man? I Will say this,i know there are racist people of all colors,but i have never know a black guy who is racist,and i live smack dab in the middle of klan country here in a state where there were more civil war battles in history than anywhere else! Is this guy an butthole? yes! i don't know if he is a racist though!

13. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

You've never known a black guy that's racist? I call shenanigans.

Actually, heck this conversation. Lol. These never end well.

14. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

would it be racist of me, as white guy, to say about a white guy that tries to act like a black guy, "he's a cornball white guy ............ he's not someone white people want to hang out with." ............. ?

15. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Words of wisdom my friend, words of wisdom.

16. ball in the baskett

There is alot of racist black people they just dont realize there being racist. Ever heard a black person refer to someone as whiteboy? They dont think of it as racist but if i called someone blackboy i would be the devil. this case i wouldent say hes exactly a racist but hes being very ignorant about what a black person should act.

17. Buck Fenson

or cracker. Black people can be racist also. any race can be racist. except maybe those brazilan rain forest natives.

18. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Come on man that's racist.

19. Buck Fenson

maybe bigoted but not racist.

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's apparent that Parker made his apology to please the network and the white man. Who's the cornball brother now?