ESPN's Rob Parker On RGIII: 'Is He A Brother Or Is He A Cornball Brother?'

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Thats good enough it will send a message to others to watch what they say.

I never liked the guy even before this he always said some stupid things

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

espn lets stephen a smith say ni***r on the air and does nothing

then this

lulululul at them. its like amatuer hour

3. ball in the baskett

they would never ever fire stephen a smith or skip bayless they get rating for the dumb things they say

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

at some point you lose credibility when you just use race for ratings.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Their credibility has been rare and declining for years

6. ball in the baskett

skip bayless took 1 comment to lose all credability to me
    " If tim tebow was starting qb of the jets they might be ahead of the patriots right now"

............................................what? lol

saying stuff like that is all for ratings

7. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I've never understood this way of thinking. Why should skin color determine how one is "supposed" to act? Why can't everyone be looked at based on their individual merits? Why if someone like RGIII is well spoken and educated do people not see him as a good representation of his race, a role model for young children? Sadly, racism is just as alive today as it was in the 60s, it's just done differently now.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

The problem with all this to begin with was, why can't he be a well spoken, educated PERSON. I understand and agree with the concept of role models, but saying this guy has a responsibility to all black people is freaking dumb.

Racism will never be gone, but we're starting to get to the point of changing our culture to make it not socially acceptable. Understanding that "Racist=stupid and ignorant" is the closest we can ever get.

10. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I agree. My point is about people wanting to break it into races, they should at least look up to good citizens and people if they want to do that. I don't believe anyone has the responsibility to be a role model aside from that child's parents.

I've experienced racism first hand. I'm as white as can be, but my wife is mixed race. We were not taken to very kindly in southern Georgia. It is sad to me that people are taught to hate people based on things they can't control, and I agree that we will never get over racism until we stop breaking people into groups based on skin color or heritage. I just don't see that happening in my lifetime.