ESPN's Stuart Scott Passes Away At Age 49

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sports' started by 86WARD, Jan 4, 2015.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Stuart Scott, a longtime anchor at ESPN, died Sunday morning at the age of 49.

Among the features of the new ESPN studio in Bristol is a wall of catchphrases made famous by on-air talent over the years. An amazing nine of them belong to one man -- from his signature "Boo-Yah!" to "As cool as the other side of the pillow" to "He must be the bus driver cuz he was takin' him to school."

That man is Stuart Scott, and his contributions to the sports lexicon are writ large. But they are only one aspect of his legacy. When he passed away, he left behind so much more. He inspired his colleagues with his sheer talent, his work ethic and his devotion to his daughters, Taelor, 19, and Sydni, 15. He defied convention and criticism to help bring this network into a new century. He spoke to the very athletes he was talking about with a flair and a style that ESPN president John Skipper says, "changed everything."

Source: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118296/stuart-scott-espn-anchor-dies-age-49

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Cool as the other side of the pillow.

RIP!

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I watched espn for like an hour this morning for the tributes to him. He was the main dude on espn back when I watched it all the time. Really sucks to see him die.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

5. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

ESPN anchor Stuart Scott died Sunday morning after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 49.

A memorable and original voice over the past two decades, Scott was known for his colorful catchphrases -- "Boo-Yah!" was a SportsCenter fixture -- while leaving a lasting impact on those he came into contact with.

"ESPN and everyone in the sports world have lost a true friend and a uniquely inspirational figure in Stuart Scott," said ESPN president John Skipper. "Who engages in mixed martial arts training in the midst of chemotherapy treatments? Who leaves a hospital procedure to return to the set?

"His energetic and unwavering devotion to his family and to his work while fighting the battle of his life left us in awe, and he leaves a void that can never be replaced."

NFL Network's Rich Eisen worked with Scott for years at ESPN.

"Who would have thought the perfect guy for me, a Jewish kid from Staten Island, would be an African-American guy with North Carolina roots?" Eisen said. "Sometimes neither one of us knew who the other was talking about, but it worked. It was always a trip doing a SportsCenter with Stuart."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000453852/article/espn-sportscaster-stuart-scott-dies-at-age-49

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

May you rest in peace Stuart. I hate cancer

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

To be honest, I always found him corny and unfunny, but damn...RIP.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

All of ESPN is pretty corny and unfunny...I refuse to watch it anymore...especially when Berman is on there...he's the worst.

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hate Berman with a passion. I hate when "reporters" try to make things about themselves instead of what they are covering.

10. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Yep berman is by far the worst. I can't watch anything he does.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

i hate berman and most of the other guys on the nfl beat at espn except ditka and tom jackson.i think they go out of their way to be fair. i really liked stuart scott cause whatever he covered,he did it with respect and grace.he fought the good fight against cancer.he only lost because his body gave out.hopefully,he is at peace now.
    [​IMG]

12. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Never a fan of Scott's corniness, but anyone who reports sports with the true passion for sports, then much respect and probably the no. 1 reason I won't watch ESPN as well. All of those bimbette sideline reporters who only have their job because of a quasi-pretty face have helped its decline.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Wasn't aware he came up with "Booyah!"