ESPN's Tim Hasselbeck Says Donovan McNabb's Bad Practice Habits Go Way Back

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck said on Mike and Mike in the Morning on Tuesday that Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb has never practiced with much intensity, and that he understands where coach Mike Shanahan is coming from. "I was a teammate of Donovan McNabb's in Philadelphia," Hasselbeck said. "One of the things that drove them crazy in Philadelphia was the lack of tempo at which he practiced. . . . It was always something where you're leaving the quarterback meeting and it would be, 'Hey, listen, the head man wants a little more tempo today.' Nearly every single day. That's been the deal with Donovan McNabb. I know exactly what Mike Shanahan is talking about." Although Hasselbeck said he didn't think Shanahan's decision to bench McNabb on Sunday was wise, he did say that he can understand why a coach would be frustrated with McNabb. "He's trying to send a message that we need more tempo at practice," Hasselbeck said. "Everybody's watching you, you're the quarterback."

Source: RotoTimes

2. anyone think this is true? We've never heard this before.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's an accepted negative of mcnabb's while he was here.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Waiting for McNabb's spokesperson to confirm this. Has Phigles even been on today?

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

he's a little busy juggling his ER duties and preparing the spin material.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Being down tempo in practice is nothing we have ever heard before no. McNabb's work ethic and focus in practice were always praised as why he succeeded without the prototypical QB strengths of a pocket passer.
    Freaking up a two minute drill is not anything new but was blamed on Reid as much as it was 5

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

well reid is out of the picture so ....

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

We're talking about PRACTICE ?!?!?!

9. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I hate Tim Hasselbeck... that is all.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

You can't say he hecked up the 2 minute drill here smeags

11. Crowned

Why not? He wasn't in shape.

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He didn't heck up the 2 minute drill because he wasn't in to run the 2 minute drill. My god SteAler fans need EVERYTHING explained.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

and i will defend him to my last breath on it. you have my word on it buddy. :icon_cheesygrin:

for the record - regardless of what i think of donny shanny hecked this up royally. better grasp, then it's mcnabb's cardio ? c'mon shanny, man up, tell us what you really think.

14. Crowned

I'm listening to Shanahan, you take everything literal why can't I? I want to be ignorant like yourself, and I have nothing better to do except try to get under skin of the fans of certain teams much like yourself. So like Mike said, He didn't know the 2 minute drill in Washington and even if he did he wasn't in shape to run it. Super 5 huh?

15. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

alright gentlemen, let's keep the convo in here on football and leave the snide comments for the smack forum or fight club.

Live it, learn it, love it

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I guess we now know why Childress didn't go after McNabb this offseason...lol.

He definitely practiced his air guitar in the past...too bad it doesn't apply...

[​IMG]

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Strike out

Homerun

It's funny to me that Tim Hasselbeck's opinion is even worth televising but it is ESPN after all. This loser was a complete scrub in the NFL and spent about 1 minute on the Eagles practice squad nearly a decade ago. He pulls decent republican tail but that's about all I can say for the guy.

18. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Tim Hasselbeck sucks at life, and his decent-looking blonde republican snitch of a wife is almost as much of a c**t as him.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...good comeback.

McNabb digs the slow tempo.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. 86WARD

86WARD -

QFT...but he has exposed McNabb for the slow tempo practicing slug he is.