Ex-Jaguars QB David Garrard Says He's Solely To Blame For Being Released

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Sep 7, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

David Garrard stood in front of a basketball court near his home in Glen Kernan and spoke for the first time as a former member of the Jacksonville Jaguars. "I have no one to blame but myself," Garrard said. On Tuesday afternoon, as soon as he stepped off a bus that brought players back from the team's kickoff luncheon, Garrard was told to meet with Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio and general manager Gene Smith. He described a meeting that was emotional for all parties. Garrard then said he met with owner Wayne Weaver. Although taking an understanding tone, he indicated he would have liked to have been told before the luncheon. "I've been practicing really good, wasn't able to show it in the game," Garrard said. "I guess they just felt like it wasn't enough."

Source: Florida Times Union

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
  2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Sounds like a beaten wife.....I deserved it

1 person likes this.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

4. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Jets should pick him up as a back up.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

If he waits for an injury, he'll get a starting gig somewhere...he'll get $4M a year at worst...

6. He'll be okay

7. y2kbug

y2kbug Take the Gunga!

^^^ This

Del Rio did him really dirty by cutting him after a few hours earlier had called him his starting QB. He knew how much money he was gonna make this year and they had drafted a QB with the 10th overall pick so its not like he was the future but the least they could have done was asked him to reconstruct his contract or release him way before teams finish their 53 man roster.

The Jags organization is a joke

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've heard several reports that it want Del Rio but the higher ups that want Gabbert on the field sooner than later and with Garrard on the roster, it would be hard to do. Gabbert got the most snaps of any rookie QB and it's reported the higher ups want him on the field and McCown is warming the seat until Gabbert is fully ready. Saving $8M by cutting Garrard before Week One. If he's on the roster after that, he's guaranteed that money.

9. cKlass

cKlass Rookie

Dude sounds like a complete tool.

10. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

One of the knocks on him has been that they feel he hasn't been as dedicated as they believe an NFL QB should be. He'd put in work, but wouldn't stay all night. He's still a solid QB and someone is gonna pick him up as an insurance policy at the very worst.