Facebook Style Chat On GridironFans.com?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by SRW, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Wacko4Flacco

Wacko4Flacco Prima Ballerina

Tweet Tweet:icon_cheesygrin:

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

after reviewing it, I don't know that I would use it very often...

3. Wacko4Flacco

I know I wouldn't use it because for one I am new here and no one really wants to talk to me about personal crap and #2 I am not here to talk one on one about my personal life on here. If I can't say it on the open forum , it isn't going to be said on here.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

It'd be allright for some but doubt I'd need to use it much. I do on fb but that's with family and work friends mostly. Not saying don't do it cause there might be some who'd use it but I agree that it might deter some posting.

5. hermhater

hermhater Guest

My favorite game on that system:

Mousetrap!

[​IMG]

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

With this you don't have to leave a thread to make a comment to someone.

I'd use it kind of like others use the rep system to check for awesome posts.

I can just send someone a link to something I saw posted for a quick comment.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well I'm trying and quite frankly I like it. It's like a one to one chat at the bottom of the screen so you don't have to wait to open up your PM's here or have AIM on, all you get is a small strip on the bottom of your monitor and you can chat and go on with posting on the site.

It's in no way like a "chatroom" where there are 20 people talking and not bothering with the site so I don't see it having a negative effect like a regular chatroom would.

I've talked to eraser and mj already in "chat" and that whole time I was posting on GIF.

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

meh, to each their own, doesn't seem like something that should be on a football forum, more for those social sites.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

You don't use the PM feature Mike? this is like it except it shows on the bottom of your monitor screen so there's nothing to go to and open up, it is one on one so no one but the 2 people involved see the chat, but whatever.

9. mike oxlong

I like the pm's. If I need to remember what someone sent me, I have it in my pm's. I used it a lot for the cheat sheets. If I sent someone a link and need to send it again, I have it saved in my sent items. I can't do that with a chat thing, once I close the window, it's gone. plus I don't need a response right away, this way I can send a message when someone is offline, and just wait for a response whenever. jmo

10. Wacko4Flacco

It really doesn't matter that much really. The people who are going to use it will use it and the people who don't won't. It won't clutter up the site. The only thing is I hope it don't slow down the site.

11. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Get rid of the PM's altogether.

12. mike oxlong

that's just goobered.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't think so.

Someone please post something to do with Towelie.

14. mike oxlong

why? need to turn this thread into a tramp's thread too? lol :icon_cheesygrin:

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No this doesn't need to be a post tramp thread, but a picture of towlie would be awesome.

16. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I sent you a pic of towelie by PM, see we need to keep the PM feature.:lmao:

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:icon_lol:

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Sometimes you have to submitt pesonal things via PM. Would you like to do this in a chatroom?

19. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

But it's not at a chatROOM. It's a one on one chat room. I think it would add a nice optino that the PMs don't. For the way Mike uses the PM system I see why he wouldn't want to switch to it. But for some of us this would be a nice option that is more user friendly and efficent then the PMs. I say if it doesn't slow down the site then lets have both

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I might have.....
    but not anymore :icon_evil:

20. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

i saw we give it a one week test run and see how it goes