Falcons Aquire CB Tye Hill From Rams

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by WarEagle, Sep 1, 2009.

1. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons today acquired cornerback Tye Hill in a trade with the St. Louis Rams in exchange an undisclosed draft pick.

This is an excellent pick up for the Falcons! I was getting worried about that secondary.

Source: Falcons Life - J. Michael Moore

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I wouldn't get too excited, outside of his speed, Tye lacks all required skills to be a solid corner in the league. It's just sad that in a day where we lose our first & second rounders of the 2006 draft, all we get in return is a seventh round pick and a reminder of how false hope equates to nothing.

3. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

The only knock on Hill has been his injuries. The fact that you think he lacks "ALL REQUIRED SKILLS TO BE A SOLID CORNER IN THE LEAGUE" is ludicrous. My hopes aren't unrealistic. Hill is very talented. If he stays healthy, which is a gamble, he is solid.

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Have you watched him in the NFL? Or are you basing this on Madden 10?

He's fast, that's it.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Great pickup for the Falcons, despite what Andy is saying. Falcons now have to have one of the fastest cornerback corps out there. A defensive coordinator could give you nightmare with what he can draw up with that speed. Well Lebeau anyhow...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

All Falcons gave up was a 7th round pick... Win.

6. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

Agreed. Very low cost for a possible decent CB. Can't beat the low risk involved.

7. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I remember when he xcame out i wanted either him or Jimmy Williams. Hopefuly Tye will work out a little bit better though.

WE do have a very fast set of CBs with Hill and Houston (they ran 4.34 and 4.32) but we play a cover 2 D so that wont be much of a factor..unless this signals a slight change in our secondary coverage.

8. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

I'm happy they made a move, I was getting concerned with the defense, which has been average to say the least so far this preseason. I just wish the secondary, and in paticular the safety position had been addressed in the offseason.

Now if we can just do something about Jamal Anderson.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

A 7th round pick even for a dime or nickel back is good. Plus he's still relatively young.