Falcons Coach Mike Smith Shoots Down HBO's 'Hard Knocks'

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, May 23, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Atlanta Falcons may be a mature team now ready for the scrutiny that comes with HBO’s NFL reality series “Hard Knocks.†That doesn’t mean they’re going to volunteer for the spotlight that comes with it. General manager Thomas Dimitroff said last week that the Falcons could be ready for such a role. “I truly believe that an organization has to be in the right spot to jump into something like ‘Hard Knocks,’†Dimitroff said last week. Apparently, they’re not in the right spot as coach Mike Smith told Scott Hanson of the NFL Network that the Falcons will not volunteer for the show. So, the search continues for the team that will be America’s in-your-living-room drama.

Source: National Football Post

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Hard Knocks better stop asking people or announce it's taking a year off. Theyre gonna lose all their credibility if all 32 teams say no.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've always liked the show, but I've found it strange that teams would allow them into pretty much every aspect of the organization...

4. Maybe Seattle....Pete Carroll seems like the kind of coach that would be interested in participating.

He was the first college coach to have a facebook and he is a regular on twitter. In his first two seasons.....he twitted clues on who they'll select in the draft by posting music videos. And the Seahawks did have an historical season by making the playoffs with a 7-9 record.

Not sure they'll get an invitation but just throwing it out there.

5. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

^ Agreed. I am sure some team will agree with them.

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

7. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I thought Pete Carroll came out and said those Twitter draft hints were bs. Just random songs.

8. I don't. The teams dictate what can be shown and what can't.

9. I don't think so. After they made the picks I looked on there and I could see the relation between the song names and the draft pick.