Fantasy Football Free Cheat Sheet & ADP List For All

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by mike oxlong, Jun 29, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Please provide the following info...

How many teams in your league? What is the Scoring? What are the rules that are not involved in scoring. i.e. starting lineup requirements, is there a flex position?

Is it a keeper league? If so, if you provide me with the teams and all keepers, I can supply custom sheets with those players removed.

Are you in an auction or salary cap league? I can supply lists with estimated values of players.

remember to include all scoring, ppr or no ppr, TD heavy or yardage heavy.

I also regularly read every newspaper from every football team and keep up to date depth charts for all offensive and IDP positions.

You may ask why are you doing this, well Basically I do this because when I first started out in fantasy football years ago, before the dawn of internet and in the days where fantasy commish's had to crunch box scores on Monday and Tuesday and argue with people on scoring corrections, I could never find lists that were well put together or they were in crapty magazines. Also, once the internet came out, everyone wanted to charge money for an opinion and that pissed me off, so i am doing this as a service to all those who happen to find this.

2 people like this.
  2. mike oxlong

Five Mistakes to Avoid on Draft Day: 2008

1. Don’t Draft Your First Quarterback Late Just Because It’s What You Always Do.

Every year is different and there is real separation in my mind this year between the first half dozen guys and the rest of the pack. I always draft a QB late because I was burned early on in my ff career, but this is more about not passing on one of the top 6-7 in the fourth round because you always take a QB late. This one is definitely the loosest of the five mistakes

2. Don’t Shy Away From The Rookie RBs In Favor Of Declining Veterans.

The temptation is going to be “safer” choices like Jamal Lewis or Ahman Green, whether one is filling the #2 or #3 RB slot. Don’t do it. Look at Joseph Addai 2 years ago. Yes, Addai wasn’t the “starter” for most of the season, but he paid dividends in December. There are guys like Smith, Stewart and McFadden that may start out slow as rookies, but as long as your playoff system is inclusive of at least half of the teams in the league, you’ll want a guy like stewart or Smith and not Ahman Green

3. Don’t Be In A Hurry To Draft A Tight End Once Gates Is Off The Board.

TE is such a much stronger position that it was even 3-4 years ago, this is a no brainer

4. Don’t Draft More Than Two “Higher Risk” Players On Draft Day.

Here’s my advice on this one. Take out your cheatsheet for players at all positions and rank each player 1-3 in terms of risk for whatever reason (injury, competition for a job, or just general mental/emotional instability). A ranking of one means a player is low risk with respect to actually achieving what you have projected (players like Peyton Manning, Sjax come to mind). A ranking of a 2 means a player comes with some risk, but not enough that you need to seriously consider avoiding him (again, players like Marc Bulger, Frank Gore, or Javon Walker). Finally, a ranking of three is for players that while they offer some potentially high rewards also carry with them significant risk for leaving you high and dry (Donovan McNabb, Clinton Portis, Terrell Owens). Ideally, it would be nice to only take one player with a ranking of 3 but 2 is workable as long as there are some lower- risk players to group the duo with. Three players of high risk is a good way to end up frustrated and playing for peanuts come December. So, take a chance on draft day and roll the dice, just don’t do it often.

5. Don’t Make Picks Aimed At Getting People’s Attention.

I know you think this last one is a joke, but I can assure you that it’s not. I’ve been involved in several redrafts a year for the past 15+ years and I can tell you that sadly, even after all these years, I still like getting a reaction out of the room. When your draft is going along and no one is making any comments on your picks, the tendency internally is to begin leaning towards “making a splash.” But, It’s about sticking with your projections whether the other guys are impressed with your picks or not. Trust your projections and resist the tendency to bring attention to yourself just for the sake of doing so. And, be humble enough to admit that “Yeah, I tend to want others to be impressed with my picks at times.” Knowing that it’s a tendency is half the battle.

If you follow these five suggestions, are you going to achieve success in your league? I can’t answer that. Sometimes it just all comes together no matter what mistakes you make. But, my hope is that this will serve as a guide for staying flexible, open-minded, and yet disciplined as you roll through your league draft in a few short weeks. Oh, and if you are looking for a late-round flyer, there’s always David Patten. lol

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Great advice. I got burned on the QBs by waiting too long last year. It killed my team rolling with Cutler and the waiver wire wonder of the week.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I waited until the 12th round last year and got Eli Manning and it did me well for most of the season until I stumbled across a trade for Brett Favre (giving up Kevin Curtis and Alge Crumpler) in Week 8...

5. mike oxlong

a few years back I took Hasselback in the 3rd and that hecked me hardcore, but you really can't wait too long, unless you get lucky. Towards the end of the year last season I traded Brett Favre and Reggie Brown for Brandon Marshall and Vernon Davis, those two guys were clutch for me in the playoffs and Brett was my backup to Peyton anyway

10 player keeper with IDP players. I have built a masterful team in that league over the past 3 seasons.

6. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I also tend to wait too long to pick my QBs...
    Last year if two of my leagues, I had to rely on free agency to find a durable starter. Fortunately, in one of those leagues, I could grab Big Ben after a couple of weeks.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Big Ben shouldn't have been lying around after his 4 TD performance in Week One...:icon_lol:

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I always play the Marshall role with my QB's, wait till 4th - 5th round and get Byron Or Chad, but not doing it this year.

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Yeah, I couldn't beleive he was available.

10. mike oxlong

does anyone have any interest in free cheat sheets?

11. wide right

I'll go first then.

10 team redraft league. We start QB, 3WR, 2 RB, TE, 1 WR/RB, K, 2 DB, 2 LB

QBs: 1 pt/50 yds, 6pt/td
    WR: 1 pt/15 yds, 6pt/td, no ppr
    RB: 1pt/20 yds, 6pt/td
    D: 1pt/tackle, 1 pt/pass def/FF/FR, 2pt/sack/INT

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Here you go Mike...

FG - Field Goals3 points
    Plus 2 points for a FG of 40 to 49 Yds
    Plus 4 points for a FG of 50 to 59 Yds
    Plus 6 points for a FG of 60+ Yds

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays-2 points
    IKRTD - Individual Kick Return TD6 points
    IPRTD - Individual Punt Return TD6 points

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion2 points
    PaInt - Passing Interception-2 pointsPaTD - Passing TD4 points
    Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 40 to 59 Yds
    Plus 4 points for a PaTD of 60 to 79 Yds
    Plus 6 points for a PaTD of 80+ Yds
    PaYd - Passing Yards0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds
    Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion2 points
    ReTD - Receiving TD6 points
    Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 40 to 59 Yds
    Plus 4 points for a ReTD of 60 to 79 Yds
    Plus 6 points for a ReTD of 80+ Yds
    ReYd - Receiving Yards0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds
    Plus a 5 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd
    Recpt - Reception10+ Recpts = 5 points

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion2 points
    RuTD - Rushing TD6 points
    Plus 2 points for a RuTD of 40 to 59 Yds
    Plus 4 points for a RuTD of 60 to 79 Yds
    Plus 6 points for a RuTD of 80+ Yds
    RuYd - Rushing Yards0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds
    Plus a 5 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd
    XP - Extra Points1 point

We start:

1 QB

2 RB
    2 WR
    [or]
    1 RB
    3 WR

1 TE

13. mike oxlong

first,

wideright - I'm assuming IDP's get 6 pts for TD's as well? Any FG or XP scoring?

Ward - 10,12,14,etc. team league? redraft or a keeper? I assume redraft. Also, IS there a defensive team or IDP's? FF points for Def?

Could you guys send me or post your email? I create the sheets in excel, there is a lot of info on the sheets and I have to send them as attachments.

Also, I update my ADP lists weekly at this point and daily once preseason begins, also taking into account injuries as preseason progresses. So, if you ever need your lists updated, just let me know and I will send you updated copies.

Each year I keep all the cheetsheats that I make and then like to follow up with people the next year, boost my ego and crap, lol

14. wide right

XP =1 pt
    FG 0 - 39 yds = 3pts
    FG 40 - 49 yds = 4 pts
    FG 50yds + = 5pts

IDP get 6 pt per TD scored defensively or offensively (like when Mike Vrabel gets put in at TE, the bastard cost me a game 2 years ago)

15. mike oxlong

I sent off those sheets to your WR, Ward I still need those ?'s answered and an email address

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ward - 10,12,14,etc. team league? redraft or a keeper? I assume redraft. Also, IS there a defensive team or IDP's? FF points for Def?

12 Team League.

It is a keeper, but use the redraft structure because we don't know who each person keeps from year to year...it's only two players. Defense/ST Units. Points for D are complicated, so a standard ranking would be fine. I'll PM you my email addy...

17. mike oxlong

i take into account that points can be complicated, this goes for you and all future posters in here. I can handle pretty much any scoring format there is including keepers and auction leagues.

I'll follow the format you suggested and have your lists shortly.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

DFR - Defensive/ST
    Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST)2 points
    DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points
    Int - Interceptions2 points
    PA - Points Against, Total Points Scored
    0 - 1 PA = 8 points
    2 - 6 PA = 6 points
    7 - 13 PA = 4 points
    14 - 21 PA = 2 points
    35 - 100 PA = -5 points
    SACK - Sack1 pointSTY - Safety2 points

19. mike oxlong

Those points aren't as complicated or uncommon as you might think 86Ward, the sheets are sent. Let me know if you need updated lists.

Anyone else interested?

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll take a look at them in the next couple days and let you know...