Fedor Finalizing Deal With UFC

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Crunkbuc4d1, Jul 29, 2009.

1. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Doesn't he own 20% of M1?

What's Dream?

2. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Why would Dana do that he built the UFC and played a huge part in making the sport mainstream, he shouldn't allow this fight to be co-promoted, and do everything he can to continue to build his brand, not help promote another

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Not even if it's what the fans want?

4. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Nah. Dream Owns Fedor i think but Im sure he wont wind up in the UFC since they made it clear that they wont sign anybody whos in the other UFC game.

5. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

lol...not really when it comes down to it it's a business, his brand is huge, and a co-promotion is something that he doesn't have to do. If he offers Fedor a ton of money and he won't take it then Dana should say ok bye...like in any sport there are certain things in a deal that are off limits, whether it be a player in a trade, or an extra year in a contract, or extra guaranteed money in a contract. In this case the untouchable piece is co-promotion. He'll pay a ton of money but with that he wants his company to have exclusive rights to the fights. That's just business.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I agree it's a business, but the fans want to see the best in the world fight in the UFC.

Fedor is the best.

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i agree but ya cant givin to there whims just bc fedor want to fight the best in the best "league" he has to give a little

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's a moot point now.

He's signed with Strikeforce.

9. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Yea, I guess this thread Is Dead Now.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Might as well be closed.